Website Propel Schools
Reporting to the CEO/Superintendent, the Senior Director of the Propel Foundation will support the mission and goals of the Foundation and Propel Schools by developing a broad-based fundraising base, strengthening the organization’s narrative and communications strategy, and providing senior leadership to strengthen organizational operations.
Key Job Elements:
- Partner with the CEO/Superintendent to lead an effective strategic vision for fundraising initiatives, grant opportunities, and scholarship programs.
- Partner with the CEO/Superintendent to build and grow a cohesive professional staff that effectively and passionately advocates for Propel Schools and its students and families.
- Supervise the Manager of Grants and Donor Relations as well as the Manager of Special Events and Communications. Drives the vision and goals of each position, aligning with Propel Schools overall goals and initiatives.
- Generate consistent funding streams necessary to become a leader in the region for major initiatives.
- Deploy expert fundraising strategies capitalizing on a broad array of sources, including corporate sponsorships, grants, major donors, and the broader Propel community.
- Meet fundraising goals and ensure revenue and spending are in alignment.
- Develop, grow and cultivate both a major donors program and a broad-based grassroots membership program to identify and secure financial support from all givers.
- Lead initiatives to identify and support viable grant opportunities related to Scholarships and other related Educational related funding for Propel Schools.
- Lead the oversight of fundraising events management to ensure successful and effective gains in support of Propel Schools programing.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations associated with Fundraising, grants opportunities, and scholarship programs.
- Work with the CEO/Superintendent to deepen engagement and ownership of the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Train, engage and lead staff on fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with Propel School leadership to build engagement within Propel Schools.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO/Superintendent.Qualifications & Skills:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
- A minimum of 7+ years of successful experience leading fundraising initiatives, business, development, business, management, or similar related experience; non-profit, school, or other educational entity experience preferred.
- Results driven achiever with demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience and Proficiency with relationship management tracking software(DonorPro or similar software), Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Passion and a commitment for advocating for students, public education and/or those from economically stressed communities.
- Experience with creating and implementing systems to raise money from foundations, corporations, and/or individuals
- Must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate objectively the progress and success of program activities.
- Willingness to work with a small and growing hard working staff.
- Experience with development and management of a Board of Directors
- An inspirational and motivational teambuilder with the ability to get results from across departments/teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to analyze and integrate information independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with some evening, weekend or early morning hours needed
- Ability to travel throughout the county for site visits, events and key stakeholder meetings
Deadline: June 2, 2020
To Apply: Apply online here
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.