Website Propel Schools
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager will lead Propel’s strategic diversity, equity and inclusion planning. Under the leadership of The Senior Director of Community Affairs, the DEI Manager will foster an inclusive environment for scholars, staff, families and additional stakeholders. The DEI manager will support Propel’s plan and contribute to building equitable relationships.
Key Elements of the Job
The DEI Manager will support Propel’s DEI goals, policies and procedures and help in eliminating any barrier to scholars’ academic success. Leads Propel’s Equity team and supports 14 DEI Liaisons in Propel’s 14 locations. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to assess policies, procedures and curriculum. Is responsible for identifying resources needed to meet Propel’s DEI goal of being an anti-racist organization.
- Provide strategic leadership in the areas of diversity, inclusion, equity and justice
- Manage and supports diversity and inclusion strategies based on data
- Provide leadership for Equity Team to complete planned objectives and tasks in alignment with Propel’s DEI plans
- Work with Equity Team to meet all benchmark equity goals for the organization
- Lead Equity team in aligned school based equity work
- Coordinate DEI processes organization wide (HR, Academics, Operations, Community Affairs, PTRP..etc) in connection with Propel Schools DEI planning
- Assist in mediating discrimination and harassment complaints upon request of Senior Director of HR
- Address issues faced by specific demographic populations within the organization
- Identify and implement new diversity programs
- Work with Communications Team to publicize diversity-related events, educational opportunities, workshops, etc. for students, faculty, families, and the local community
- Pursue professional development opportunities; attend conferences and professional meetings in order to remain current with diversity and inclusion issues that may affect the school.
- Collaborate with Academic Team on to actively research new pedagogies, curricula, and best practices that address common classroom challenges in teaching about cultural competence, awareness of racial micro- aggressions, identity, social difference, and inequality
- Identify professional development for educators to incorporate in their classrooms.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work
- Proven success working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and community leaders
- Commitment to diversity and a strong interest in planning multicultural programming
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks by volume, urgency, etc.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Tactful and discreet
- Capacity to work with others in a high-functioning, collaborative, and innovative educational setting
- Self-motivated with a desire to do good work and improve current conditions and life outcomes for Propel students, their families and the community
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Comfortable working, walking, talking and generally interacting with parent, school staff, residents, business leaders, politicians, and community activists
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel
- Familiarity in Google Workspace
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 75% of the time while working at the computer within the office.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The person in this position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with various internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the Partners in Wellness Department. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Propel Schools is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Through our DEI work Propel Charter School Network’s will develop a pathway to academic and social emotional achievement through culturally relevant curriculum, free of bias and inequity. Propel will foster an anti-racist school culture that engages schools in continuous work that provides equity for all stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, and families.
Salary Range: $60,000- $67,000
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.