Providence Connections Inc.
Website Providence Connections Inc.
Providence Connections strengthens families and enriches lives
Location: Providence Connections
FLSA: Exempt, Full-Time
The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and support fundraising events, donor solicitations, acknowledgements, donor relations, prospect management, research, grant writing and corporate partnerships. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the development database, as well as perform various administrative tasks to support the development effort. This position will also coordinate volunteers for events requiring support.
Reports to: Executive Director
Development and Fundraising
- Develop, manage, and implement all data within the development database (Salsa) including maintenance of prospect lists, solicitations, stewardship, and documentation. Ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of Development databases.
- Track, record, and acknowledgement all incoming donations including letters, emails, and notes.
- Take the lead to execute all the special events yearly including, but not limited to the Feast for Families, Golf FORE Families, third party fundraisers, and other Annual fundraisers.
- Work closely with Executive Director and other Directors/Managers on managing grant requirements and proposals, completes application forms/proposals, prepares, and maintain internal tracking checklist and timeline documents, assists with grant extension requests, work plans, reposts, etc. maintains grant calendar of upcoming applications and reporting deadlines, acknowledgement letters and maintaining accurate hard files.
- Take the lead on conceiving and organizing a variety of annual fund and special event appeals including utilizing the database to obtain donor solicitation lists, writing, and editing solicitation letters, coordinating mailings and emails, as well as outreach to prospects and follow-up to secure renewals and manage relationships with the organization’s new and existing donors.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to enact the corporate fundraising strategy by prospecting, meeting, pitching, and coordinating sponsorship and underwriting opportunities.
Outreach and Volunteer
- Work with staff to identify volunteer needs and act as a liaison between volunteers in the various departments and jobs that require them.
- Develop contacts and relationships with a wide variety of organizations to recruit volunteers to provide direct services for specific programs.
- Partner with Pittsburgh Cares, local business organizations, universities/colleges, churches, high schools and other related groups and organizations.
- Attend as necessary, internal events to assist volunteers.
- Create and maintain a volunteer database, recording and managing accurate records for volunteers’ service hours and monetary value for services rendered.
- Encourage, support and coordinate recognition and appreciation events for volunteers and staff supervisors.
Financial and Board
- Coordinate with the Finance Director to track and reconcile all contributed revenue and contribute to policy and procedures manual. Report results to the Executive Director on a regular basis.
- Manage process for in-kind tracking, reporting and acknowledgement.
- Manage the development and execution of the Development Budget.
- Contribute to overall accurate management of tax receipts and donor documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of organization and the ability to act independently
- Able to work cooperatively with program staff, volunteers, and donors
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office, database management (Salsa or Raiser’s Edge, preferred), social media and email
- Attendance at evening and weekend fundraising events, as well as attend volunteer projects
- At least one year experience in an office setting and working with volunteers
- ACT 33/34 clearance
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) Criminal History Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification Certificate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com