Providence Connections Inc.
Website Providence Connections Inc.
The Fatherhood Engagement Specialist will create, plan and implement various programs and activities to engage fathers in programs that will enhance their well- being, strengthen their parenting skills and provide opportunities to meet other dads and find support among their peers. This person will actively participate in all Family Support programs providing outreach to fathers and support other PFSC staff in their work with families.
- Provide outreach to currently enrolled families that are not active.
- Provide outreach opportunities to fathers in Northside Community who have children.
- Attend outreach events on Northside to meet families and invite involvement in PFSC programs.
- Collaborate with CYF North Office, engaging fathers involved in the system.
- Plan and facilitate various Fatherhood Activities and groups including Annual Father’s Day Event and Fatherhood Conference
- Provide case management as needed to fathers, assisting them in accessing resources, health care, housing or educational and employment opportunities.
- Partner with Family Development Specialists on Home Visits as needed.
- Explore using National Fatherhood Curriculum.
- Provide regular events/activities for fathers and their children.
- Maintain accurate data in the county Synergy System for each enrolled father and group activities.
- Connect with other Fatherhood programs in Allegheny County and collaborate where possible.
- Provide transportation for families as needed.
- Meets regularly with Director to review, prioritize tasks, and discuss issues of Fatherhood Program.
- Attend regular monthly staff meetings and CORE Program meetings.
- Attend and assist with all Family Support Programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director.
- High School Diploma or Associates with 3 years’ experience working with male population, BA preferred
- Current PA Driver’s License
- Good written, communication and computer skills
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- Strong Moral Character
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Independent, self-motivated and experience facilitating groups
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) Criminal History Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification Certificate
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.