PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experience) seeks a high-energy individual able to coordinate PULSE marketing, assist with the PULSE program, and help develop a small-sized nonprofit organization as it grows. This position is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in a dynamic, vibrant non-profit with a track record of success, proven impact model, strong mission, staff, and board.
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. PULSE invites talented university graduates to partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits for a year of service and leadership. Over the last twenty-five years, PULSE has invited about 300 young adults to partner with over 150 nonprofits, contributing some 500,000 hours of service to the city and its residents. To learn more about PULSE, visit us at www.pulsepittsburgh.org
Position Summary: The Marketing and Program Coordinator reports to the Operations and Partnership Director of PULSE and is responsible for the organization’s consistent, high-quality execution of its marketing and programmatic efforts with the community.
The Marketing and Program Coordinator coordinates all aspects of PULSE’s communication and marketing efforts, including newsletters and other print publications; web, e-news, social media and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing. The Marketing and Program Coordinator assists with all aspects of the PULSE program, including creating activities that both develop the fellow and serve the community.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing plan across PULSE’s four stakeholders (young adults, nonprofits, neighborhood residents, and donors) in collaboration with the PULSE team.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic media including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and PULSE’s website.
- Generate online content that engages various stakeholders and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate information.
- Coordinate the maintenance and development of the PULSE website and social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.), ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly.
- Track, report, and evaluate communication efforts through qualitative and quantitative (Google Analytics, Social Media) measures.
- Act as a brand steward ensuring consistence of message through online, print, and public communication.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all print and electronic media including material appearance (letterhead, logo, brochures, etc.)
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow PULSE to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding PULSE programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for marketing and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Create and manage special PULSE events as needed.
- Work with the other Program Coordinators in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the PULSE program.
- Orient fellows to the purposes, objectives, aims and expectations of the PULSE program.
- Administer a personal and professional development program to address PULSE fellow experience, skill gaps, knowledge, etc. through a wide variety of vehicles (weekly seminars, bi-annual retreats, one-on-one meetings, and other personal and professional development opportunities for cohort).
- Provide counsel, mentoring, and evaluation for fellow through occasional meetings.
- Address fellow questions, issues and challenges particularly related to house dynamics, maintenance, and overall experience.
- Instill a sense of pride, organizational ownership, a sense of accountability among PULSE fellows with one another as a cohort collectively pursues PULSE’s core purpose and lives out its core values.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing, recruiting, program development, project management, etc
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to inspire, train, manage and lead young adults
- Ability to communicate with a variety of constituent groups
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Willingness to leverage personal and professional networks
- Proficiency with Google Apps, WordPress, Mailchimp, Box, Asana, CiviCRM, Hootsuite, Social Media, Adobe Suite, a plus
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work some evenings and weekends and handle emergencies
- Passion and commitment to the mission and values of PULSE
- Ability to promote the PULSE program effectively
- Strong commitment to the organization’s success
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Good spokesperson and representative of the PULSE program
Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by June 14th, 2019 at 5:00pm. The cover letter should detail how your experience supports the success of others from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented and well as how your work will further PULSE’s commitment to diversity. PULSE is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org