The Queen’s Gambit Chess Institute is a Pittsburgh based non-profit organization dedicated to teaching chess to the community, ensuring every child has the opportunity and necessary tools to learn the game through a 21st century approach to education. Queen’s Gambit provides strategy based-consulting and leads initiatives in Western Pennsylvania to use chess as a means of community and economic development. Founded on the belief that chess ignites strategic planning skills, Queen’s Gambit uses the strategy of the game to create social and educational change.
The Queen’s Gambit Chess Institute is seeking for dedicated, driven and strategic minded individuals to serve on the Board of Directors. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attending at least three board meetings (the board meets five times a year)
- Serving on at least one committee
- Being an advocate for chess in the community
- Contributing financially in an amount that is meaningful to you
- Presiding over the organization in a financial and strategic role
Experience on other nonprofit boards is beneficial but certainly not required.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. One we receive your inquiry, we may be back in touch for an interview request. Thank you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com