Reading Is FUNdamental (RIF) Pittsburgh is looking for a dynamic, results-driven individual who is passionate about education, youth, and the nonprofit sector to join our team for the spring term.
Volunteers will work closely with our entire team to coordinate and manage projects that are making real and meaningful impact on the children in our community. This is a great opportunity for individuals who wish to work directly with children and to be exposed to the daily operations of a nonprofit organization, including fundraising.
RIF Pittsburgh is a grassroots non-profit dedicated to providing children with the resources, motivation, and opportunities to develop a life-long love of reading. By providing low-income children and families with access to quality reading materials, motivational events that encourage literacy, and the opportunity to build home libraries, we are dedicated to reducing the literacy gap in our community. In the last year alone, we gave away more than 100,000 brand new, age-appropriate books to 21,000 of Pittsburgh’s most economically disadvantaged children.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with RIF Pittsburgh programming and outreach activities
- Support and attend evening and weekend community events and festivals
- Provide onsite support to our Storymobiles, Everybody Wins!, and Books for Keeps programs
- Assist with general program administration and preparation
- Support fundraising initiatives, with a focus on individual giving
- Conduct research on new fundraising opportunities
- Assist in the development of mailings and donor communications
- Assist updating and maintaining fundraising databases
General Office Support
Volunteers typically work between 15-20 hours a week and must be available April 2019 through August 2019.
- A positive attitude and passion for our mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with children a plus
- Experience working with donor software a plus
All volunteers will be required to obtain PA Child Abuse, Criminal Record Check, and FBI clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com