Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
Website Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
As part of the Programs Department, the Energy Audit & Assessments Coordinator provides direct service to Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh, Columbia Gas, and Duquesne Light clients. This position is primarily responsible for delivering front-line energy audits, assessments, and inspections to a combination of clients throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania. The Energy Audit & Assessments Coordinator reports to the Construction Operations Manager who supervisors all Energy Audit & Assessment staff and their associated programming.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the mission of Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients and stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about working in a fluid, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong personal work ethic and the desire to take pride in assigned work
- High emotional intelligence
- Must be willing to travel throughout the SWPA region
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional weekends
- Current Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Criminal background check required by Columbia Gas for all applicants
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Keen awareness and understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable populations
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build upon teamwork and motivate a wide variety of individuals and stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and eager to engage with new technologies
- This job is physical in nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; lift and carry objects weighing up to 60lbs; and talk and hear. Use of computer is required.
- 1-2 years of experience with building science and energy efficiency best practices. Knowledge of construction principles, general contracting and home repair are highly desirable.
- 1-2 years of entry level responsibility in a nonprofit, government, social services, or construction environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Energy Audits, Pre & Post Inspections, and Assessments – 75%
Energy Audit & Assessments Coordinators will work in coordination with the Program and Construction Departments to deliver comprehensive, quality energy audits, assessments, and inspections audits to qualified clients. This position will work in coordination with Program and Project
Managers in identifying weatherization scope items, indoor air quality monitoring, and client relationship management while bringing projects in on time and on budget. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-home energy assessments and post-inspections of customer homes for contract-based utility programs that require in-home assessments.
- Identify all potential energy efficiency improvement opportunities in accordance with contracted utility program guidelines.
- Review of clients’ energy bills; coaching clients on energy savings opportunities and any available rebate opportunities.
- Conducting in-home healthy-homes inspections at the homes of Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh clients:
- Identify all potential healthy homes hazards and ineffective systems (roofing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC) in accordance with RTP program guidelines.
- In coordination with Program and Construction Staff, appropriately prepare for each visit, securing needed supplies, scheduling information, and customer/client information, and confirm all appointments with resident prior to arrival.
- Capture, track, and report required data in required databases and systems.
- Complete data entry for programs in an accurate and timely manner each day.
- Provide rotational coverage for Columbia Gas’ Emergency Repair Programming as necessary.
- Track ongoing project(s) progress and report to Construction Operations Manager on a regular basis; identify and communicate project needs in a timely manner.
Project & Interdepartmental Coordination – 25%
Auditing staff will coordinate with other teams and departments of the agency to ensure clients receive a comprehensive service experience. As tasked by the Sr. Operations Manager, an Energy Audit & Assessments Coordinator will:
- Coordinate with appropriate colleagues to obtain and contextualize summary of clients’ history with RTP and understand what service providers they are connected to for energy and lead safety related referrals;
- Coordinate with appropriate colleagues to ensure the completion of all associated homeowner paperwork, including utility waivers.
- Other duties as assigned based on special projects and opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com