Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
Website Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
Improving communities, one safe and healthy home at a time.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
STATUS: Full-Time, non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Client Relations Specialist serves as the central touch point of client communication — helping clients navigate RTP’s repair process, documentation requirements and identify and apply for resources related to their needs as a homeowner. The Client Relations Specialist is responsible for case management, leading cross-department meetings, management of client referrals, and supporting community partnership agreements. The Client Relations Specialist will interface with all organizational teams.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the mission of Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff, clients and stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about working in a fluid, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong personal work ethic and the desire to take pride in assigned work
- High emotional intelligence
- Must be willing to travel throughout the SWPA region
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional weekends
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but those without a degree but having relevant experience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Familiarity of Pittsburgh’s housing and social service landscape desirable.
- Valid driver’s license required
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Skilled case manager who can identify needs, implement strategy and juggle a significant volume of cases to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build teamwork and motivate a wide range of individuals and stakeholders
- Experience in assessing needs of clients and building working plans to successfully complete intended projects
- Confident in ability to identify gaps in services and provide recommendations and/or solutions to address these gaps
- Keen awareness and understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an acute attention to the details
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and eager to engage with new technologies
- This job is physical in nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; lift and carry objects weighing up to 35lbs; and talk and hear. Use of computer is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Applicant Support and Intake:
- Connect applicants and offer alternative and appropriate resources when deemed unable to serve.
- Schedule home assessments with Project Managers and provide support to the Construction staff and check eligibility for other programs/resources in the area and provide client with referral information
- Collect and compile household information to ensure compliance with the various requirements of different grants and funding sources
- Collaborate with Project Managers to administer onboarding paperwork.
- Communicate to clients of their approval status as well as timelines and process of RTP work.
- Ensure that each client is administered a needs assessment and that any referral information is thoroughly reviewed
Client support while project is active:
- Provide support in the execution of monthly calls as assigned by the Senior Program Manager as needed.
- Participate in weekly update pods with assigned Project Managers to ensure both Client Relations and Construction has up-to-date information for the ongoing projects.
- When applicable, assist clients with applications or participation with outside service providers
- Document all communication and work with homeowners on Salesforce to ensure effective communication across the Client Relations team and across departments
- Collaborate with the Construction team to administer close out paperwork
- Review referrals provided to homeowners and ensure homeowner has information to access external services or programs they qualify for.
- Support in the administration of satisfaction surveys.
Coordinate all client referrals:
- Connect clients to services based upon completed needs assessment and grant requirements
- Ensure needs assessment, RTP interest form and external service provider material are up to date
- Maintain regular contact with service providers to ensure the referral is executed
- When necessary, assist clients with questions or concerns regarding their referral
- When necessary, assist clients gather the necessary paperwork to successfully enroll in other organizations’ programs.
- Track and report trends of client referrals seen through intakes and service and referral assessment
- Track results of referrals, recommend service areas that we need to create or expand a partnership
- Coordinate the partnerships that support clients receiving homeowner financial counseling
- Oversee partner portals that refer clients to RTP’s services,
- When scheduled, answer main phone line and transfer to appropriate staff member
- If necessary, recruit administrative volunteer, create work plan for volunteer, and provide weekly supervision
- On site hospitality support for volunteer events
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org