Reimagine Reentry, Inc.
Website Reimagine Reentry, Inc.
Holistic services for returning citizens
This position is responsible for key financial management and administrative activities of Reimagine Reentry, a program serving men and women recently released from the Pennsylvania state corrections system. The mission of Reimagine Reentry is to reduce recidivism in Allegheny County by providing opportunities, reducing barriers, and supporting returning citizens in a holistic way. Our work relies heavily on reentry coaching and mentoring; job skill training; family reunification education; and, housing assistance planning. Reimagine Reentry serves the formerly incarcerated through a holistic approach to curb recidivism and ensure successful reentry back into the community. This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA, though is adaptable to remote work.
The Financial & Administrative Manager will work as a detail-oriented financial administrator who works with our dynamic team to optimize and streamline financial management procedures. This position comes at an exciting time as the program moves from its fiduciary sponsor to its own 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The Manager will play a key role in building this new program by translating their expertise into financial planning, financial management procedures, compliance, and administrative tasks associated with maintaining and building the program. This position will report to the Reimagine Reentry Director of Administration.
The Financial and Administrative Manager position will operate through Operation Better Block, Inc., which is the fiduciary sponsor of the Reimagine Reentry program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain Reimagine Reentry’s QuickBooks Online bookkeeping account through daily updates of transaction records, account reconciliation, assistance with payroll administration, and managing Reimagine Reentry’s bank accounts
- Assist with implementing and managing the financial transition of Reimagine Reentry’s program from fiscal sponsor Operation Better Block, Inc. (OBB) to Reimagine Reentry Inc. This includes temporarily managing Reimagine Reentry’s cash flow at OBB and the University of Pittsburgh while the transition occurs.
- Work closely with the Director of Administration and Data & Project Manager to organize, implement, and maintain proper financial and administrative policies and procedures
- Prepare financial reports, income statements, and budgets
- Gather, analyze, and interpret financial data including identifying any financial liabilities and risk on liquidity and cash flow
- Evaluate and optimize financial controls and policies
- Manage petty cash, prepare and make bank deposits
- Process and document various mail pieces, paper files, and records daily
- Implement best practices for accounting and financial processes within Reimagine Reentry program and all related entities that hold Reimagine Reentry grant funding
- Perform general and financial tasks using generally accepted accounting principles
- Expected to maintain an understanding of program grant budgets and deliverables, state of money flow, spending, and long term funding strategy and planning
- Embrace the use of technology, automation and continuous improvement to maintain a paperless and efficient accounting function
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field OR equivalent accounting experience
- At least two years of experience in a generalist accounting position (nonprofit accounting experience strongly desired), with knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Nonprofit financial management and accounting experience strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency of computers and various administrative and financial programs, including: Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Office 365 applications, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work and interact with people with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle duties responsibly, work independently, and maintain good working relationships with clients, staff, and community members
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- PA Child Abuse History (ACT 33), PA Criminal Record Check (ACT 34), and the FBI Fingerprint Criminal History (ACT 73) clearances are required
- Extremely detail-oriented & highly organized
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards, and financial reporting
- Strong desire to work with small but growing nonprofit, and remain flexible in a dynamic work environment with many moving parts
- Strong alignment with the organization’s mission to serve returning citizens in the Pittsburgh community
- Excellent and effective verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management & task management strategies
- Able to keep a sense of humor and “go with the flow”
- Must be able to work in a team as well as accomplish tasks independently & remotely
Operation Better Block, Inc is the fiduciary sponsor of Reimagine Reentry program. Operation Better Block, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time; $45,000 base annual salary; with ability to work some evenings.
To apply, please fill out our online application which will prompt you to upload your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The expected start date would be as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit oob05g37ewy.typeform.com.