Rodef Shalom Congregation
Website Rodef Shalom Congregation
Job Title: Assistant to the Rabbinical Office
Job Type: Temporary- Full Time
Reports to: Director of Membership
Requirements: 2+ Years in Related Field
Rodef Shalom is one of the most popular sacred spaces in the East End of Pittsburgh and has been a leader in interfaith and progressive social justice work for over 150 years. Rodef Shalom seeks a self-reliant individual who is committed to the value-based goals of our community.
Assistant to the Rabbinical Office
This temporary position will provide administrative support to the Rabbinical Office of Rodef Shalom Congregation. The position will largely be based on site and some day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and administrative support for in-person and streaming worship services.
- Providing administrative and logistical support for Zoom meetings to the congregation, its committees, and auxiliaries.
- Working collaboratively with our Communications Director to provide content and review accuracy for our weekly congregational email update (Shalom-a-gram).
- Coordinating with the Rabbis and Membership Director to maintain and regularly update the Kaddish, MiShebreach & Yahrzeit Lists.
- Sending death and birth notices to the congregation.
- Providing administrative support to the Rabbinical Office by scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, and helping to prioritize incoming and outgoing communication.
- Serving as administrative liaison between the Rabbinical Office and the Accounting Office to ensure all billing and reimbursements are kept in good order.
- Coordinating with the Rabbis around inquiries for conversion and life cycle ceremonies and celebrations.
- Providing other administrative support to the Rabbinical Office as needed.
This position will work with our rabbis on a day-to-day basis and report to the Director of Membership as their direct manager.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of basic office experience.
- Well versed in Zoom video conferencing.
- Proven success in problem-solving, organization, and administrative duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Judaism, its customs, rituals, life cycle events and holidays preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Google Workspace required with ability to learn new software.
- Ability to obtain Act 33/34 clearances.
To apply for this job email your details to Staffing@jcroyleassoc.com