Rodef Shalom Congregation
Website Rodef Shalom Congregation
The Interim Executive Director is responsible for leading, managing and overseeing the Temple’s daily operations in an effective and efficient manner, consistent with the values of Rodef Shalom and Progressive Judaism. This full-time position reports to the President of the Board of Trustees. We anticipate this will be a six-month position while the Temple conducts a search and hiring process for a permanent Executive Director, but could be longer if needed.
General Position Summary
The Interim Executive Director will lead and manage a team of professionals in the following areas (i) fiscal management; (ii) budget and facility planning; (iii) membership, recruitment and retention; (iv) development and/or supervision of internal and external communications; (v) collaboration with development team and volunteers to help advance fundraising efforts. The Interim Executive Director is also responsible for providing support and expertise to the Board of Trustees, Temple committees and task forces, and other constituent groups, as needed. The Interim Executive Director may be asked to perform other functions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- A successful candidate will be an experienced, enthusiastic, and trustworthy leader with the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Previous leadership and management experience, with non-profit organizations a plus;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to manage, build and motivate effective teams in a multi-tasking environment;
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Experience working with Boards;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with the ability to easily learn various technology platforms; and
- Willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Compensation: Annual salary range begins at $100,000, plus applicable benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Interim Executive Director Position” in the subject line.
Only inquires by email will be reviewed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org