Sage's Army, Inc.
Website Sage's Army, Inc.
Awareness. Compassion. Action.
The Executive Director is the key manager of Sage’s Army, Inc. and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Sage’s Army, Inc. in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. These duties are performed under the direction from the Board Treasurer.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Sage’s Army, Inc. to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Sage’s Army’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Sage’s Army’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Sage’s Army can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Sage’s Army’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of Sage’s Army operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years of nonprofit experience
- Experience in the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) / Addiction Recovery field highly preferable
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Sage’s Army’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org