Saint Vincent College currently has an opening for an Associate Director, Foundation, Government & Corporate Relations. This is a full-time position with benefits. The Associate Director will coordinate grantseeking activity for Saint Vincent faculty and academic outreach centers, including identifying funding opportunities, preparing and submitting grant proposals, managing grant awards, preparing and submitting required reports, and providing oversight for compliance with federal grant regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Five years of experience in grantseeking with at least three years of experience in institutional advancement for higher education, with primary responsibility for grantseeking. Demonstrated strengths in proposal development and the administration of grants from government and private funders.
- Plans and directs grantseeking strategies and sponsored research activities for the Schools and academic outreach centers of the College. Assists School Deans, faculty and FGC staff in grant proposal planning and reporting.
- Ensures projects proposed by Deans, faculty and staff are approved by appropriate administrative personnel and documented through grant proposal clearance process. Informs Assistant Vice President, Vice President and President of projects and advises as to design and fundability.
- Develops, writes, edits, and compiles documents for the timely submission of grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government agencies; provides substantive input on project design and budget development for grant proposals.
- Provides oversight for institutional compliance with federal grant regulations, including implementing grant policies and procedures, supervising compliance of pre-award and post-award requirements and monitoring federal regulations for necessary updates to institutional compliance policies.
- Maintains and updates institutional accounts for major grant portals, including grants.gov, Fastlane/Research.gov, and others. Facilitates electronic proposal and report submissions.
- Conducts research on grantmaking prospects using a variety of electronic sources and print materials as well as personal contact with funders. Evaluates the effectiveness of information sources. Maintains current prospect information. Summarizes research for use in prospect cultivation and grant proposal planning. Advises faculty and administrators regarding funding opportunities.
- Develops, writes, edits, and compiles final documents for the timely submission of grant progress reports, including both activity and financial reporting.
- Maintains accurate information on prospects in Colleague database and utilizes reporting functions to assist and inform departmental operations.
- Coordinates faculty outreach efforts, including conducting grantseeking workshops for faculty and administrators and overseeing the organization and content of the FGC portal page.
- Coordinates grant acknowledgment procedures for selected grants and gifts. Prepares acknowledgment letters. Reviews and processes grant agreements and contract materials.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in departmental strategic planning and assessment.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in supervision and coordination of daily departmental operations as requested.
- Coordinates arrangements for prospect cultivation meetings, site visits, and stewardship activities.
- Monitors and advises on gift processing and grant accounting to ensure appropriate donor credit and fund expenditures.
- Writes other development materials, and provides support for other Institutional Advancement efforts, as requested by the Assistant Vice President and Vice President.
Special challenges and environment:
Works under the pressure of frequent deadlines.
Works with confidential information and materials.
All positions require the incumbent to be able to fully embrace the unique mission and identity of the College as a Catholic, Benedictine liberal arts and sciences institution. Saint Vincent College is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates. Saint Vincent College is committed to building a diversified and competent population of faculty and staff, and encourages applications from women and minorities. Saint Vincent is an equal opportunity employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Background checks will be performed on all new faculty, staff and adjunct positions. Employment is conditional upon satisfactory background checks and clearances.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to either:
Director, Office of Human Resources
Saint Vincent College
300 Fraser Purchase Road
Latrobe, PA 15650
Electronically to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org