San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Website San Joaquin Delta Community College District
To perform professional analytical duties related to employee benefits, leaves of absence, and workers’ compensation; to coordinate, plan, analyze, develop, implement and conduct state and institutional mandated functions associated with the administration of benefits, leave of absences, and workers’ compensation functions and to perform other related duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited supervision from the Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management. The incumbent works on routine or regular work assignments and seeks assistance or direction on non-routine assignments or various procedural requirements or processes.
An incumbent in this class does not directly lead or supervise other full-time employees. May oversee student workers.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administers various employee benefit programs for the District, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and medical flexible spending accounts.
- Coordinates interactive process meetings and accommodation plans for employees as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Employment and Housing Act regulations. Initiates interactive process meetings; facilitates meetings; documents process; and maintains files.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Analyst to develop Essential Functions Job Analysis for the District’s interactive process and/or Long Term Disability claims.
- Assists employees in the preparation of enrollment applications and the completion of other benefits-related materials; reviews enrollment materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as liaison between the District, plan vendors, third party administrators and employees. Works with third party administrators to determine the best plan options. Transfers data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in non-routine situations.
- Administers and records leaves of absences including general leaves of absence in accordance with state and federal laws and/or District policy.
- Assists with the District’s Workers’ Compensation program activities; advises managers and employees regarding guidelines and procedures; tracks lost time and temporary disability; monitors modified duty accommodations. May represent the District in deposition and/or mandatory settlement conferences with the Vice President of Human Resources. Assists in group presentations regarding the District’s Workers’ Compensation program. Serves as contact person for technical Worker’s Compensation issues.
- Coordinates and conducts new employee benefit orientations and in-service trainings
- Reviews and audits monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Reconciles and prepares benefits statements. Oversees automated billing process for classified and adjunct employees who purchase health benefits.
- Works with management and bargaining units annually to determine benefit plans and offerings. Participates in the development of bid material for procuring District benefit offerings.
- Serves as facilitator to employees relative to the retirement process through State retirement systems and transitions to District retirement programs.
- Enters mid-year benefit calculations, payroll adjustments and deduction maintenance in coordination with the Payroll and Workers’ Compensation areas.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations. Assures timeliness and accuracy of required filings. Assists in the development of long-range objectives regarding benefit programs.
- Establishes and maintains complex file and record systems, including confidential and sensitive materials. Enters, maintains, and tracks complex benefits data in manual and/or automated systems.
- Provides customer service support to internal and external customers. Responds to inquires and correspondence; prepares information and data requested for administrative review; prepares reports and other documental as required. Develops and prepares visual presentations, flyers, and graphic materials.
- Adheres to and monitors regulations, requirements, and obligations according to bargaining unit contracts and education code. Reviews and makes recommendations concerning health and welfare policies.
- Assists in the development of bargaining unit contract language in areas related to health and welfare benefits and leaves of absence. May be assigned to District’s negotiation team for all labor represented groups.
- Coordinates and prepares materials regarding active employee and retiree benefit information for the Health Insurance Review Committee and other District workshops or group presentations regarding benefits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of human resource benefits management.
- Methods and techniques of research and basic report preparation.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Methods and techniques of business letter composition.
- Basic accounting principles.
- Insurance agreements, claim processing, and adjustment procedures.
- Worker’s Compensation regulations and practices.
- Interactive process for FEHA and ADA accommodation requests.
- Effective planning and priority setting.
- Standard office procedures and equipment; computer proficiency and technical aptitude utilizing MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Quicken, etc.
- Benefit contract language.
- Pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, CFRA, FEHA, Medicare, HIPPA and California Education Code, Title 5, and DOL
Ability to :
- Maintain confidentiality of work performed including files and records.
- Prepare fiscally related reports and documents.
- Participate in employee grievances and negotiations.
- Analyze data to produce reports.
- Organize assigned tasks and make adjustments in priorities as required.
- Administer various bargaining unit contracts.
- Speak to groups and large gatherings of people.
- Explain District hiring policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business, human resources, or a related field; and
- Three (3) years of human resources experience, preferably in benefits administration or related benefits administration.
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, human resources, or a related field; and
- Five (5) years of human resources, preferably in benefits administration or related benefit administration.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 5,760
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 7,080
- External Closing Date: Sep 25, 2021
- External Opening Date: Sep 2, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2477830
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.