The primary role of this valued team member is to develop a strategic, balanced, multi-year approach to fundraising and lead implementation of the fundraising plan to provide ample annual resources to Sarah Heinz House (SHH) with the support of the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The balanced approach shall include individual giving; major gifts and planned giving; grants (foundation, corporate and government); event sponsorship; and corporate partnerships, including tax credit programs. This team member is entrusted with the responsibility of deepening the engagement of a variety of stakeholders (internal and external) in all phases of the Resource Development process. Additionally, this team member is responsible for building awareness of SHH’s mission, programming and impact through positive messaging and campaigns, community engagement and public speaking, as well as via traditional media, website and social media channels. To achieve all of this, the Director of Development will effectively oversee and manage the Director of STEAM Programs & Communications (grant writer/communications), event planner, interns (when assigned) and marketing consultant (when engaged).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a multi-year resource development and communications strategy to meet annual and long-term financial goals, as well as goals and objectives set forth in the organization’s Strategic Plan. Educate and inspire internal stakeholders including: staff, volunteers, parents and Board of Directors regarding the plan. Successfully execute the approved plan in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage and oversee part-time staff and consultants, including: Event Planner, Director of STEAM and Communications and Marketing Consultant.
- Coach Board, staff, volunteers, parents and youth regarding donor cultivation, advocacy and building brand awareness. Facilitate and bolster a culture of philanthropy.
- Interface with Director of Finance and Director of Program Services to ensure the effective administration of restricted funds and timely delivery of promised outcomes.
- Effectively engage with Director of Finance to develop budgeted revenue for the Annual Budget, as well as understand the Master Budgets for our Healthy Choices for Life Programming, Educational Programming and Summer Camps.
- Keep current with laws, statutes, professional and ethical standards required by professional associations, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Lead ongoing analysis and refinement of resource development plan so SHH may anticipate future trends and expand resource generation.
- Work to set and meet an Annual Campaign goal that stretches the organization from year to year based on thoughtful analysis of historical data and fundraising/giving trends.
- Expand individual donations and loyalty to SHH each year. Identify methods and develop a plan to cultivate and steward existing donors and approaches to acquire new ones.
- Cultivate relationships with donors from all sectors in conjunction with Board Members and Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director with pitches, meetings and networking with donors, prospects, corporate leaders and others for the purpose of investor cultivation, successful resource development and raising the visibility and positive reputation of SHH.
- Research funding opportunities and oversee all communications with donors.
- Possess a discerning eye as to which funding opportunities are most aligned with our goals/objectives, Mission and our core values.
- Coordinate and execute special events, including but not limited to annual gala, donor appreciation/cultivation events, alumni events and annual walk.
- Work with Director of Operations and Director of Program Services to secure in-kind donations and solicit and facilitate Days of Service.
- Work with Executive Director and Resource Development Committee to evaluate overall results of fiscal year contributions and make recommendations based thereon.
- Ensure all donations are documented and that acknowledgments are personalized and timely sent.
- Manage Salsa donor management database; ensure all donations and vital donor (and prospects’) information is regularly updated and easily accessed by the Development Department and others. Maintain notes and helpful comments gleaned from donor/prospect interactions so that this information may be referenced and/or used in planning and executing future conversations with the donors.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Assist Executive Director with oversight of marketing consultant in order to develop persuasive messaging that resonates with current and prospective donors.
- Work with Director of STEAM Programs and Communications to:
- Develop e-news communication strategy and formulate Constant Contact content.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Manage all public relations efforts, including press releases, news advisories and media correspondence/communication.
- Make recommendations to Executive Director regarding viable marketing opportunities to showcase SHH.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree with at least 7-years relevant experience OR at least 10 years relevant experience without a Bachelors required.
- CFRE and advanced degree in the field preferred.
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including Major Gifts from individuals, foundations, government and corporations.
- Experience writing and/or directing the formulation of grant requests and reports.
- Required Clearances: FBI Fingerprint; National Criminal Background Check; National Sex Offender Registry; Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check and PATCH
- CPR/AED (will offer on the job training)
- First Aid (American Red Cross) (will offer on the job training)
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication, public speaking, storytelling and active listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships with, and motivate, a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of responsible and successful fundraising
- Financial acumen
- Ability to analyze data and trends to develop strategy and recommendations
- Ability to lead multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Social Media platforms and CRM systems
- Passion for supporting youth and the Mission of Sarah Heinz House
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com