Senator John Heinz History Center
Website Senator John Heinz History Center
The largest History Museum in Pennsylvania
The Heinz History Center, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution and the largest history museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is currently seeking a full-time Individual Giving Officer. The Individual Giving Officer is a key member of the Heinz History Center’s Advancement team. The Individual Giving Officer is primarily responsible for outreach and building relationships with individual donors and members, growing the History Center’s membership base, coordinating membership promotions and solicitations, and working with colleagues throughout the organization on targeted appeals throughout the year. This position is also responsible for identifying, researching, and cultivating prospective members and donors as well as creating meeting/event prep materials.
The Individual Giving Officer must follow best practices by adhering to fundraising procedures and maintaining strict confidentiality related to the personal and financial information of History Center trustees, donors, members, and other constituents. The position requires superior customer service and relationship building skills; ability to communicate eloquently and professionally in person, on the phone, and in writing; attention to detail; and the ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects at any one time efficiently and effectively. The Individual Giving Officer will work both independently and as a member of the Advancement Team to strategize for and achieve annual fundraising goals.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Advancement Director.
The Individual Giving Officer will be expected to grow the History Center’s membership program through identification and cultivation of new audiences, community outreach, and relationship building. Identifying potential internal and external audiences for membership solicitation. The individual Giving Officer will assist with membership event planning & implementation (some weekend and evening hours required) The Individual Giving Officer will be tasked with implementing best practices in fundraising and drafting creative and compelling direct mail, email, and social media appeals and identifing new audiences and messaging strategies for both personalized solicitations and targeted appeals. They will work with the Advancement Director and Vice President as well as with staff across the History Center’s family of museums to create targeted appeals related to specific, mission-related programs and initiatives (i.e., Meadowcroft, Fort Pitt, Rauh Jewish Archives, African American Program, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least three to five years of development/fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector. Prior membership and individual giving experience preferred.
- Museum background and/or capital campaign experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, handle delicate issues and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Must be a self-starter, be proactive in anticipation of team needs, and have superior customer service skills with the ability to creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Planning, organization and prioritizing multiple tasks are key skills
- Ability to learn and retain new skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Experience with Fundraising or Prospect Research software is a plus.
- A writing sample is required with application
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.