For fifty years, Adagio Health has provided health care, nutrition, and education services in western Pennsylvania. Today, the nonprofit organization’s footprint includes seven counties in West Virginia and five counties in New York. Adagio Health also manages the state-funded Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (BCCEDP) in 62 counties across Pennsylvania. Many of the patients and clients receiving services through Adagio Health are uninsured or underinsured women who live in areas where access to health care is scarce.
Adagio Health’s services include family planning and reproductive care for women, men and teens; screenings for breast cancer, cervical cancer, and other chronic conditions; and adult immunizations including COVID-19, flu, MMR, pneumonia and more. Adagio Health serves thousands of children and families through its WIC and Power Up (SNAP-ed) nutrition programs; provides tobacco cessation services to adults and teens; and offers reproductive health education for teens and young adults. Adagio Health receives funding from the State and Federal government, foundations, individuals and the corporate community.
Adagio Health meets the health & wellness needs of diverse communities, regardless of income, with a focus on women.
Adagio Health improves the health of communities.
- Providing high-quality health and wellness services in a respectful setting focused on compassion, care and commitment to every patient and client.
- Prioritizing diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and transparency in all of our medical, educational, and professional interactions.
- Preserving our culture of collaboration, accountability, innovation and integrity.
- Promoting greater access to healthcare and education for women, men, LGBTQIA+ communities, and underserved patients across our region.
A new position with Adagio Health, the Senior Director of Human Resources will lead all aspects of Human Resources, driving best practices in organizational development, equitable hiring and retention practices, leadership development and employee relations. The Senior Director will serve as the strategic partner to the senior management team and departmental leadership, to support performance management and policies/protocols that uplift Adagio Health’s mission and values.
Adagio Health’s staff of approximately 185 employees work throughout western Pennsylvania in diverse sites to meet the needs of the community. With a budget of $23M, the mission-driven team of Adagio Health includes clinical experts, educators, patient navigators, administrators and business analysts. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director is a critical member of Adagio Health’s leadership team, managing 2 full-time HR professionals.
The Senior Director of Human Resources is primarily responsible for the following:
Human Resource Leadership
- Provide expertise and support in the areas of Organizational Development, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, and Organizational Effectiveness.
- In tandem with Adagio Health’s executive leadership team and in support of the Strategic Plan, build a vision, goals and strategy for staffing, recruitment, and retention.
- Work with Senior Directors throughout the organization to help establish and communicate annual goals for team members; support supervisors in tracking progress against goals and providing continuous feedback to team members.
- Proactively collaborate with leaders across the organization to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention while continuing to build upon a productive, positive, and inclusive culture.
Human Resource Operations
- Oversee matters pertaining to employee relations, mediation, benefits administration, compliance, health and safety and compensation.
- Manage the investigation of internal employee issues, in conjunction with legal counsel to reach resolutions that are equitable and consistent.
- Execute best practice policies and protocols that are relevant and represent innovative leadership in human resource management.
- Provide consultation and guidance to employees and management on a wide variety of employee relations and benefits matters to assist in enhanced understanding, effective decision-making, policy interpretation and conflict resolution.
- Prepare and analyze HR metrics and provide reports that support decision making in specified areas.
- Monitor and ensures Adagio Health’s compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Team and Relationship Management
- As a member of the leadership team, develop and maintain communication with all levels of staff.
- Cultivate strong relationships with department leaders, clearly communicating roles and responsibilities.
- Build and coach an exceptional Human Resource department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
As a trusted leader and advisor, the Senior Director of Human Resources will bring expertise in core human resource functions with strong interpersonal skills, and priority on collaboration and exceptional communication.
Demonstrable experience, competencies, and qualifications include:
- An educational background that reflects the needs of the position.
- Previous experience leading best practices in organizational development, talent management and employee relations.
- Demonstrated success with developing and executing effective HR functions: benefits administration, performance evaluations and DEI initiatives.
- Experience managing a team of professionals and working cooperatively with senior level executives.
- A broad and deep knowledge of HR compliance, benefits administration, health and safety, employee relations, and HR policies and procedures
- A professional record of accomplishment in working autonomously with initiative and innovation, using data and analytics to guide decision-making.
- Strict adherence to ethical standards of privacy and confidentiality, with previous experience working within matrixed systems.
- Personal and professional value on working with team members that are diverse, with the ability to communicate effectively to all members of a system.
- COVID-19 vaccination required; reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The new Senior Director is expected to proactively integrate into the leadership team at Adagio Health with enthusiasm and skill to expedite making an impact. Goals for the first 6-12 months include:
- Foster collaboration between the Human Resources team and Adagio Health staff; establish trusted relationships with leaders across the organization.
- Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of all HR-related systems, policies and programs.
- Develop a comprehensive HR plan in alignment with Adagio Health’s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values.
This position offers a competitive salary in the range of $90,000-$115,000 and a robust benefits package.
Adagio Health strives to create a culture where every employee feels respected and included. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create better outcomes. We want every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, to have a sense of pride and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence. We make employment decisions based on job related criteria, regardless of age, sex, race, gender, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other non-work related criteria.
How to Apply
Adagio Health has retained Nonprofit Talent to assist with this critical search process. Specific questions related to the position may be emailed to Lauren Julius, Senior Search Specialist, at email@example.com. Please direct all inquiries related to this position to Nonprofit Talent, and do not contact Adagio Health.
Resume, position-specific cover letter, and salary expectations can be uploaded here:
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5PM on October 4, 2021
To apply for this job please visit nonprofittalent.applytojob.com.