Service Coordination Unlimited, Inc.
Website Service Coordination Unlimited, Inc.
The Development & Communications Manager is responsible for managing and implementing strategies for communication and outreach to raise awareness of and financial support for Service Coordination Unlimited, Inc. This individual is responsible for the following areas: marketing, communications, fundraising, grant writing, annual giving campaigns, and community relations.
Development and Fundraising:
- Define development opportunities and how strategies will be implemented given existing and future staffing structure
- Develop, implement and manage an annual fundraising program
Conduct research to better understand the needs of current funding sources to ensure a continued positive relationship
- Research and pursue foundation funding opportunities, such as partnerships, collaborations, and capacity building
- Implement and oversee a donor database and handle gift entries, record updates, reports, and gift acknowledgements
- Assist in grant writing
- Plan and implement fundraising events, including Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community, Giving Tuesday, and in-person and/or virtual events planned each year
- Create an annual Development Plan with the CEO and COO
Communication and Marketing:
- Define marketing opportunities and how strategies will be implemented given existing and future staffing structure
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy to build the organization’s image and reputation across all service areas
- Create and keep up to date educational information to distribute to stakeholders about the company brand, services offered, company structure, FAQs and other pertinent information.
- Determine expansion possibilities with new and existing funding sources
- Create an annual Communications Plan with the CEO and COO
- Ensure messages in all programs and activities are consistent, accurate, and represent Service Coordination Unlimited’s brand
- Solicit and write client success stories for use in communications and fundraising, including the Annual Report
- Manage and keep up to date Service Coordination Unlimited, Inc. webpage
- Plan and implement social media communications
- Write and publish newsletters, internal and external
Perform other duties as needed or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCY
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, conducts training and public speaking, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Inside the organization, communicate with the leadership team and other colleagues. While outside the organization, is accountable to successfully interact with participants and their families/representatives, funding sources, other agencies, etc.
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports Service Coordination Unlimited, Inc. values, and conveys good news and bad.
Understands duties and responsibilities associated with communication and development, has necessary job knowledge and qualifications for the role, has necessary technical skills, understands all agency regulations, as well as company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues associated with the role. Possesses the computer and technology skills needed to be successful in the role. Adheres to company policies, timeframes, and procedures.
Meets commitments, works independently with minimal supervision, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities and generates new ideas. Has the ability to manage through abrupt emergency situations that may have an impact on the wellbeing of individuals such as abuse, neglect and exploitation. Address potential conflict situations that arise between participants, attendants, family members etc. Has necessary negotiating skills and works to gain agreement as needed.
Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Manages a fair workload, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps to meet company goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or similar is required
Minimum five (5) years related experience is preferred
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and Association of Fundraising Professionals membership is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Works a typical scheduled shift, plus any additional hours as needed to meet participant/department/program needs
- Works in an office environment most of the time: at a desk sitting or standing.
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Works with a computer terminal/keyboard (or laptop) a good portion of the day, thus requiring visual perception, hand-eye coordination and hand movement/flexibility
- Maximum weight to be lifted independently is 5 – 20 pounds
- This position requires the following physical demands: reaching, stretching, stooping, sitting, walking, repeated bending and/or standing
- Must be able to operate equipment or machinery (e.g., photocopier and computer).
- Must be able to answer ringing telephones and communicate with people both on the telephone and in person
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a dependable means of transportation. Position may include travel off public transportation routes
- Must be able to meet the following demands: reading, reasoning, organization, math, and problem-solving; decision-making, close attention to detail, facts and accuracy
- Must be disciplined in maintaining the following: detailed work, prioritization, multiple concurrent tasks, interruptions, stress; confidentiality, training, and public speaking
- Tasks vary day-to-day
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com