Shady Side Academy
Website Shady Side Academy
Classification: Full-Time; 10 months; Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director of Auxiliary Programs
Supervises: After-School Explorers and Administration of After-School Adventurers
The Director of After School will assume direct responsibility for the planning, execution and supervision of all extracurricular programs on the Junior School and Country Day School campus, including After-School Explorers, After-School Adventurers, In-Service Day programs and Break Camps. The programming provides enriching and engaging opportunities for students in pre-K through grade 5. The individual will report to the Associate Director of Programs and will also work closely with the Junior School Head, Country Day School Head, Faculty, and Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of the After-School Explorers, After-School Adventurers, In Service & Break Camps. This includes programmatic design, building online registration, developing rules and procedures, and managing part-time staff members and faculty
- Hiring, training and evaluation of part-time staff
- Communicate and collaborate with children’s teachers, parents/guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues
- Work with all Faculty and Staff for program success
- Create and maintain daily administrative reports such as attendance, payroll and staff schedules
- Create and monitor registration for programs utilizing the Camp Brain software
- Design and maintain multiple webpages for After School, In-Service and Break programs
- Collaborate within the Auxiliary Programs Department and key stake holders to develop innovative curriculum
- Construct billing reports and communicate with the Manager of Student Financial Services
- Coordinate with Metz Catering and SSA Transportation Department for After School programs
- Programmatic development and oversight of 12 In-Service Day (8am-6pm) programs as they occur during the school year
- Programmatic development and oversight of two weeks of “Break Camp” during December/January and two weeks during Spring Break in March
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Programs
- BA/BS in Elementary Education, Business Management or related field
- At least 3-5 years experience within youth programs (e.g. summer camp, after-school) preferred
- Experience conferring with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral problems
- Experience in planning and supervising activities for students PK-5, and a broad understanding of PK-12 educational trends
- Self-starter with strong entrepreneurial spirit and interest
- Background of incorporating technology and/or experiential education into curricula
- Experience and a willingness to manage up to 20 staff on a daily basis using proven management techniques
- Energetic, with an innovative vision for the position and the program
- Flexibility to manage a multitude of fluid situations simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise complex operations, including budgets of approximately $325K
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with the ability to quickly learn and operate a registration software platform
- Capacity to professionally represent the Academy to parents and other community members
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits are part of the employment package. Lunch is included when school is in session. Funding exists to support continuing education and professional development.
About Shady Side Academy
Shady Side Academy is a vibrant learning community that values intellectual curiosity, personal integrity and diverse perspectives. Through a rigorous and balanced curriculum of academics, arts and athletics, our students are challenged to explore their passions and excel beyond expectations. Supported by active alumni and parents, our unique culture of faculty-student mentorship inspires students to become lifelong learners and engaged, thoughtful citizens of their communities.
Founded in 1883 and the Pittsburgh region’s largest independent school, Shady Side Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory school serving a diverse student body in grades PK-12, with an enrollment of 950 students on three campuses. Visit the school’s web site at www.shadysideacademy.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.