Sharpsburg Neighborhood Organization
Website Sharpsburg Neighborhood Organization
Sharpsburg Neighborhood Organization (SNO) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that strengthens and engages the community of Sharpsburg, PA, through local stakeholder organizing, community events and workshops, and resident engagement. SNO’s efforts are guided by the Sharpsburg Community Vision Plan (https://issuu.com/evolveea/docs/sharpsburg_community_vision_plan_fo) and four core principles:
- Engage residents—regardless of race, background, sex, orientation, income level, religion, or ability—in an inclusive, visionary community planning process and empower them to lead and participate in local projects and initiatives.
- Improve the quality of life in Sharpsburg by promoting responsible, affordable, and equitable property ownership and development that serves the needs of the community and provides a safe environment for renters and homeowners.
- Strengthen connections between the community and nature by encouraging the development of a sustainable and connected riverfront that is integrated with the community, improved green infrastructure to manage stormwater and pollution, and expanded access to public green space.
- Promote community-oriented economic development that honors and preserves the unique character of Sharpsburg by engaging local businesses and attracting targeted investment that serves the needs of the community and its residents.
SNO is seeking a volunteer to serve as a member of the SNO Board of Directors.
- Serving as a representative in the community and broader region for Sharpsburg Neighborhood Organization;
- Planning, promoting, and attending community events throughout the year;
- Serving on at least one board committee;
- Guiding the governance and overall strategy of the organization and its work in Sharpsburg and the region.
Time Commitment: 6 board meetings annually (every other month) in Sharpsburg, as well as meetings with sub-committees of interest and executive director on an as-needed basis.
To apply for this position (or for more information), please email your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org