Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden
Website Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden
This unique position directs the development and maintenance of a sustainable ecosystem on the Motherhouse grounds, ensures a safe environment for Sisters, visitors, and guests to the property, and develops and promotes educational opportunities related to the environment and sustainability.
Development and Maintenance of Ecosystem on Motherhouse Grounds
- Provide oversight and participate with staff and contractors to ensure a safe environment for Sisters, visitors and guests to the property
- Review and recommend contractors for on-site services such as waste removal, diesel gas order, snow removal, and tree services
- Shared on-call responsibilities
- Maintain recycling program for staff and Sisters
Develop Educational Opportunities
- Develop and deliver environmental / ecological trainings to Sisters and staff, i.e., Spotted Lanternfly, recycling
Manage Volunteer Offerings
- Provide oversight of monthly volunteer days
- Oversee Community Gardens
- Partner with local scouts to execute Eagle Scout projects
- Collaborate with Spirituality Center Director to develop environmental/ecological programs, as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability Management/Environmental Ecology/Agricultural Sciences, experience with small farm operations, food systems or environmental education, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in outdoor maintenance
- Basic skills for operating and maintaining small lawn equipment
- Basic mechanical experience / knowledge
- Small engine / Diesel engine knowledge or repair
Special Job Features:
- This job operates in an outdoor setting and in all types of weather.
- This role routinely uses hand tools and small equipment.
- Must have the flexibility to accommodate snow removal as needed.
- Occasional weekend availability required as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com