To complete all service calls and repairs as assigned by Facilities and Operations Manager.
Completes daily maintenance work orders as assigned by the Facilities and Operations Manager. Position involves physical labor and maintenance work. Requires client engagement and education. Traditional and on-call hours.
- Oversees the maintenance of all Sisters Place properties.
- Completes tasks for operational effectiveness.
- Completes under the supervision of the Facilities and Operations Manager the installation, repair, and upkeep of organization property.
- Actively participates in Sisters Place Healthy Housekeeping education and goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 5+ years of previous maintenance work experience.
- General Maintenance
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication
- Relates well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Respect and Empathy for Clients
- Basic Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain positive and respectful communication with clients, staff and allied professionals while always adhering to Sisters Place confidentiality policy.
- Collaborate with staff and allied professionals to meet the needs of clients in accordance with healthy housekeeping expectations and in alignment with mission.
- Complete work orders and maintenance service as assigned.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance of properties and educate clients as needed, including:
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Furnace Filters
- Fire Extinguishers
- Exterior and interior locks, doors, windows, etc.
- Appropriate bathroom and kitchen plumbing maintenance and usage.
- Participate in the housing inspections using the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) inspection and checklist forms.
- Prepare vacant housing units for move-in within 7 business days of unit being vacated. Create and submit subsequent unit turnover report lists. Coordinate turnover of properties including cleaning and set-up of all units.
- Participate in annual inspections of all Sisters Place housing units.
- Maintain storage space and inventory storage space contents.
- Respond during work hours and on-call to emergencies and report all emergency conditions to Facilities and Operations Manager, CPO/COO or CEO immediately. Identify all health and safety hazards and take necessary steps towards their correction. Assist, when necessary, with the evacuation of clients from housing units.
- Monitors and checks for weekly trash and lawncare violations and makes necessary corrections are made.
- Participate in the maintenance and facility purchase orders process according to Sisters Place purchasing policy.
- Assess all major housing unit maintenance issues that are beyond the Sisters Place maintenance scope of work to Facilities and Operations Manager to determine the appropriate intervention. Document with photos and narrative. Coordinate work order with private landlord. Provide all necessary follow-up to ensure job completion.
- Assist during organization-wide events. Support Development Department in retrieving donations and with the logistics of fundraising events as needed. Participate in positive donor relationship management.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, repairs, inspections, etc.) and submit travel logs withing 2 business days of the end of each month to the CFO.
- Attends all trainings and meetings as directed.
- Adheres to Sisters Place dress code including steel-toed footwear when on job sites. Casual work attire including jeans permitted on work sites. No inappropriate novelty attire permitted including but not limited to discrimination/hate, violence, drug and alcohol themes. Business casual attire for all external meetings. Dress wear and business attire required for Sisters Place events as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Facilities and Operations Manager, CPO/COO or CEO.
Scope of Maintenance Work Includes
Repair and maintenance housing units and grounds, office/facilities, mechanical equipment, general repairs, custodial/housekeeping interventions, general carpentry skills, basic plumbing, basic electrical, general HVAC, paint, carpet repairs, drywall repairs, window cleaning and repair, walls, doors, floors, or other parts of building structures, unclog toilets and drains; replace faucets, supply valves and lines, toilet seats, and toilet fill valves, use basic diagnostic tools.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Act 33/34 clearances and drug screening is required pre-employment. No phone inquiries will be accepted without invitation. Please email resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org