Society to Preserve the Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka (Vanka Murals)
Website Society to Preserve the Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka (Vanka Murals)
Save Maxo Vanka
MARKETING MANAGER – Part-Time – 15 hours per week ($20-$22 per hour)
For more than 30 years, the Society to Preserve the Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka (SPMMMV) has been working to save and share the nationally significant and one-of-a-kind murals by immigrant artist Maxo Vanka on the walls of St. Nicholas Croatian Catholic Church in Millvale.
SPMMMV seeks a part-time Marketing Manager to lead the implementation and ongoing development of its marketing and media efforts. The Marketing Manager will bring professionalism, energy, and creativity to effectively manage time, talent, and resources to advance the organization’s mission.
Supported by strategic planning, successful branding initiatives (Save Maxo Vanka and Maxo Vanka: Off the Walls), dedicated volunteer leadership, community partnerships and mentoring, the Marketing Manager will help to grow audience and maximize new and emerging opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective and creative development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan
- Supporting staff and leadership volunteers in their roles as SPMMMV Ambassadors
- Developing and managing the marketing budget in cooperation with the Executive Director
- Creating and maintaining the SPMMMV brand guide and ensuring institutional and programmatic brand consistency
- Establishing the SPMMMV communications plan for consistent key messaging
- Initiating, growing, and maintaining media and public relations for SPMMMV
- Managing and sustaining an active, responsive, and engaging presence on SPMMMV’s current “channels” (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Managing SPMMMV’s website and staff involvement to ensure it is up-to-date and supporting audience development and engagement in programs and activities.
- Creating communication templates and utilizing SPMMMV’s communication and event management software for outreach to media and the community.
- Drafting and submitting press releases
- Regular reporting on metrics to show social media activity and the effectiveness of strategies
- Managing interns as needed
In support of the Marketing Manager’s success, SPMMMV will provide training resources in Essentials of Marketing Planning through Americans for the Arts and collaborative opportunities with brand designers.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business development, or sales support required. Enthusiasm for or experience with the promotion of art, art and/or historic preservation, regional and/or national history, storytelling, and/or community engagement recommend you. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines concurrently, take initiative and work independently. Demonstrated ability to connect and interact with diverse audiences. Strong computer skills, experience with communication software (e.g. Constant Contact, Mail Chimp) and proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram are necessary.
SPMMMV is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diverse personal and professional experiences and backgrounds. We believe that a welcoming workplace for all is central to fulfilling our mission and upholding our values and commitment to inclusion. We strongly encourage individuals of all marginalized identities and/or with non-traditional career experiences to apply. Accommodations (such as remote work, etc.) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply: Please send a cover letter or statement of interest and your resume to Anna Doering, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. A virtual or in-person tour of the Vanka Murals is highly recommended prior to application. If you have any questions, please inquire via email. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com