Website Sojourner House
Sojourner House is now accepting resumes for a contracted THERAPIST – 20 to 25 hours a week… responsible for the primary treatment to women in a “women with children’s” residential program. Provides diagnostic assessments, develops treatment plans, conducts individual and group sessions, and makes and tracks referrals to appropriate health/behavioral health providers. Responsible for providing exceptional clinical care and adhering quality assurance standards, licensing, credentialing and regulatory compliance, and achieving program and client outcome goals as applicable to women experiencing problems related to substance abuse, life skills and parenting.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college in Psychology, Counseling, Chemical Dependency, Social Work, Nursing (with a clinical specialty in administration or human services) with a minimum of two years experience in related services.
- Full certifications as an addictions counselor, such as ASAM, and/or LSW preferred.
- Current/valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a 12 passenger van as needed to escort residents within the East End and surrounding communities.
- Understanding of dynamics of substance abuse, maternal addiction, and recovery methods.
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to establish and maintain good will and good working relationships with staff, clients, family members, other service providers, volunteers, board members, and community representatives.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to provide case management, diagnostic assessments, develop treatment plans, make and track referrals for health/behavioral health services; and conduct individual, family, and group counseling sessions.
- Knowledge of community resources, e.g., DPW, food banks, & family education/recreation.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to maintain a professional level of confidentiality within HIPAA.
- Ability to be flexible especially with scheduling. Some required non-traditional hours. Open availability a must.
- Position is situated in a community-based residential facility treating addicted women and their children.
- Possible engagement with high-risk clients with substance abuse, mental illness and communicable diseases.
- Must adhere to Sojourner House’s universal precautions and safety procedures including COVID-19 Safety Guidelines (i.e. wearing the appropriate PPE).
- Implements and maintains the agency’s mission, vision, and values in all facets of performance.
- Utilizes the DDAP ASAM diagnostic criteria to determine the appropriate level of care.
- Provides primary therapeutic interventions with clients as required by licensing, credentialing and regulatory standards and in-house quality standards.
- Conducts assessments, develops treatment plans, and updates progress in meeting past and current treatment goals.
- Provides individual sessions as required by treatment plan and level of client need.
- Facilitates therapy, education or support group as assigned.
- Conforms to clinical protocols when conducting individual and group interventions.
- Provides clinical case management supporting including linkages to behavioral and medical services.
- Ensures that clients have appropriate insurance.
- Conducts utilization review in a timely manner so that insurance coverage remains uninterrupted.
- Encourages and monitors client’s 12 step involvement.
- Monitors client’s CYF or Family Court involvement.
- Makes and tracks timely referral for Mental Health services or behavioral health provider or to other services as identified in the treatment plan.
- Establishes positive working relationships with community supports and resources.
- Responsible for meeting quality assurance standards, licensing, credentialing and regulatory compliance, and achieving program and client outcome goals.
- Provides flexible program services to meet Sojourner House 24 hours/7 days a week requirement.
- Because of program treatment philosophy, persons identified with – or who have been diagnosed with – an alcohol or other drug dependence must be abstinent for at least two years prior to employment and remain abstinent throughout employment. All candidates must be willing to adhere to the Substance Abuse/Drug Free Workplace policy including pre-employment screening.
- Ability to acquire Act 33/34 & FBI clearances (employer reimbursed – after contingent job offer.)
- Must obtain annual TB (PPD) testing (employer reimbursed – after hire.)
- Must attend and participate in all required training (after hire.)
- Work the hours necessary to complete the work- must be flexible with work schedule.
- Work is completed within the in-patient treatment settings.
- Work with clients who have complex needs, including but not limited to: substance use; mental health; communicable diseases; verbal and physical aggression.
- Ability to lift and carry light boxes of files and supplies (less than 10 pounds) and ability to lift and carry a 35 pound child on occasion.
- Ability to access clients within or outside the residential facility to meet therapy/intervention services standards, including ability to drive and ability to climb up to five (5) flights of stairs when required.
Sojourner House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org