Website Sojourner House
The Director of Advancement is a key member of the organization’s leadership team. The Director of Advancement works directly with the executive director and other leadership team members to develop and implement annual strategic objectives that generate philanthropic support from individuals, foundations, corporations, organizations, and events to achieve revenue goals.
- Creates and implements annual strategic plans and strategies to increase the overall revenue stream for capital and operating funds.
- Manages and tracks progress toward advancement goals.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors, individual prospects, corporate prospects, and community groups to encourage giving.
- Manages annual Victorian Tea fundraiser to ensure an increase in sponsors, attendees, and donations
- Oversees submission of timely grant proposals and reports to achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborates with the executive director to identify and develop relationships beneficial to the organization’s overall mission.
- Designs, creates, and distributes multiple annual campaign solicitation strategies, including print and electronic.
- Responsible for all communications, advertising, and public relations strategies and activities, including print, social media, and website content.
- Supervises and evaluates advancement team members and interns to ensure fundraising success.
- Facilitates calendar invitations, presentations, meetings, and tours for the Executive Director.
- Works with board development committee to engage them and leverages their expertise, relationships, etc., in all advancement efforts.
- Works closely with the finance department to ensure timely and accurate financial transactions and gift instruments for donors, assuring donor intent in gift/grant distribution.
- Provides overall strategy and management of the advancement department.
- Develops and implements a tracking procedure to track proposals, grants, and reports to ensure timely deliverables.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team in developing and implementing organization-wide budgets, policies, and programs that will contribute to the organization’s success.
- Oversees the design, creation, and distribution of an electronic annual report.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7-10 years’ fundraising experience with demonstrated success in securing annual funding.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to identify and implement advancement best practices.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, including follow-through.
- Proficient in Salsa or similar CRM.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms.
- Must obtain annual PPD test and first aid/CPR certification.
- Must complete a minimum of 12 hours of continued training each year, including 6 hours HIV/Aids and 4 hours total tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, and other health-related topics.
- Must have Act 33/34, FBI Clearances, and valid PA driver’s license with clean driving record.
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience and background, with a salary range of
$70,000.00 – 80,000.00 plus incentive.
Sojourner House provides a robust benefits package.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter and resume pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include title of the position you are applying for in the email subject line. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be held in confidence during the initial stages of the process.
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is provided as a general statement of the nature and duties of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other assignments of a similar nature, related to the department’s effective operation, or as a developmental experience, as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Sojourner House seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent the region’s diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual identity, and ability. Sojourner House is committed to welcoming diverse opinions and backgrounds to support our clients, staff, and the broader community.
Sojourner House/Sojourner House/MOMS is an Affirmative Action Employer.
Posting closes on September 30, 2021, at 5:00 PM
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com