South Hills Interfaith Movement
Website South Hills Interfaith Movement
Join the Movement!
South Hills Interfaith Movement (SHIM) is a human services organization dedicated to empowering struggling individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We provide direct assistance (such as food, clothing, and utility assistance) as well as offering a variety of family support programs, including financial literacy education, job employment, early childhood programs, summer camp and a Family Support Center.
The Family & Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for engaging South Hills Family Center parents and community members, developing and evaluating client-driven programming, and developing advocacy strategies in order to deliver the best service possible to clients. Programming should meet the variable needs of the community with a particular focus on behavioral health and community building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage parents and community members in educational, vocational and leadership-based skills development through programming and group activities.
- Connect individuals with appropriate behavioral health services. Facilitate support groups on-site and work to develop and maintain relationships with local mental health providers for referral purposes.
- Develop and monitor of the Allegheny County Quality Standards for Family Strengthening and Support, engaging staff and families in the evaluation process. Assist with ongoing assessment of all Family Center based activities.
- Develop and manage the Parent Advisory Council.
- Develop and implement programs to engage new and waiting families in the Family Center.
- Develop outreach plan for underrepresented demographic segments at the Family Center.
- Engage community members in advocacy efforts at local, regional and State levels where appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred (Social Work, Counseling, Education, Human Development ore related field)
- Five years related experience
- Reliable, independent transportation
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and private agencies, colleagues and participants.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office tools, basic computer software, and the internet.
- Must possess initiative, productivity, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, with energy, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multi-cultural community.
- Knowledge of social service systems in Allegheny County.
- Understand and comply with the policy of a Mandated Reporter.
- Ability and willingness to work evening and occasional weekend hours.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org