South Hills Interfaith Movement
Website South Hills Interfaith Movement
Join the Movement!
South Hills Interfaith Movement (SHIM) is a human services organization dedicated to mobilizing community resources and implementing sustainable programs that compassionately help our neighbors meet basic needs, achieve self-sufficiency, and build community. We provide direct assistance (food, clothing, and utility assistance) as well as a variety of programs including service coordination, children and youth programs, and the South Hills Family Center.
Salary Range: $30,000 – $35,000 annually
The Immigrant Services and Connections (ISAC) Service Coordinator is responsible for working directly with refugee and immigrant individuals and families, breaking down culture and language barriers to accessing services and resources. Direct services provided by the ISAC Service Coordinator include advocacy and referrals for clients with social service, medical, and government agencies, as well as well as linkages with interpretation services and English classes to promote long-term self-sufficiency. The Immigrant Services and Connections (ISAC) program is a multi-agency collaboration spearheaded by Jewish Family and Community Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake and needs assessment with immigrant individuals and families.
- Provide service coordination to immigrant individuals and families via collaborative service planning and efforts toward improving self-sufficiency.
- Coordinate services and referrals with partner agencies, county human service providers, schools, healthcare providers, and government entities.
- Provide emergency assistance (food, clothing, utility assistance, etc.) to individuals/families in need.
- Research referral sources and maintain a list of resources to link individuals and families to services.
- Advocate and utilize translation and interpretation services as needed.
- Provide information, concrete assistance, and referrals for clients as well as assistance in navigating appointments as needed.
- Document all contacts and services in case files and maintain appropriate case notes, both electronically and on paper.
- Develop trusting relationships with immigrant individuals and families.
- Work closely with SHIM and ISAC partner agency staff and participate in staff development and training opportunities.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Service Coordination Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multi-cultural community.
- Knowledge of social service systems in Allegheny County.
- Understand and comply with the policy of a Mandated Reporter.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and private agencies, colleagues, and participants.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess initiative, productivity, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to work as a team member, with energy, flexibility and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic computer software and the internet.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred degrees are social work, counseling, education, human development)
- Two years related experience
- Proficiency in another language a plus
- Reliable independent transportation
Certifications, Licenses, Registration:
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com