Southwest PA Area Health Education Center
Website Southwest PA Area Health Education Center
The Health Educator will be responsible for working on activities for a 2-year grant-funded program to build and expand an inclusive grassroots public health workforce that is equipped to assess and address the needs of communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
- Complete Community Health Worker (CHW) Instructor Training developed by Eastcentral PA AHEC and teach the 100-hour CHW class on a regular basis.
- Complete training to become a Mental Health First Aid Instructor through the National Council for Behavioral Health and teach the 8-hour training as needed.
- Provide additional continuing education and ongoing support to CHW’s.
- Conduct outreach to the community to recruit participants for the trainings.
- Assist with oversight of training programs to include scheduling, promoting, organizing, and facilitating details as well as instructing.
- Represent AHEC in the community; establish and maintain sound working liaisons with regional and community partners.
- Work together with PA AHEC, Penn State College of Medicine and PA Department of Health and its Office of Health Equity to implement strategies and activities identified in the grant’s work plan.
- Meet with the Executive Director and Projects Director on a regular basis.
- Prepare weekly activity reports and quarterly program/progress reports.
- Attend appropriate meetings and conferences as suggested by the Executive Director, Projects Director and/or the Board or in conjunction with regional group activities or AHEC marketing/public relations activities.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director to accomplish the mission, vision, and strategic initiatives of the Southwest Pennsylvania AHEC.
Responsible to: Southwest Pennsylvania AHEC Executive Director
Workers supervised: None
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred. Advanced education preparations in education, health sciences, or related fields a plus.
- Experience as an instructor preferred
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Computer literacy required. Database and statistical software experience preferred.
- Ability to promote AHEC and AHEC activities through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and website.
- Should be flexible and creative, with good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Should have good planning and organizational skills and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively and to communicate successfully with diverse groups and individuals is necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation and willing to travel. Work will be in any of the 7-county region that includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties. Initial
- CHW instructor training may occur in State College, PA or other location and require travel and overnight.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com