St. Vincent de Paul - Pittsburgh
Website St. Vincent de Paul - Pittsburgh
Starting rate: $35,000 – $40,000/year + employee benefits
The Store Manager is responsible for the daily operation of a retail thrift store. The Manager shall demonstrate the ability to build customer and employee relationships that will enhance growth in a retail setting. Managers shall have a working knowledge of building maintenance, repair; along with an ability to address and resolve deficiencies. Must have the ability to plan, implement and direct operations to insure profitability and growth. Maintain all aspects of the SVDP Retail Thrift Store Operation in accordance with the policies of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Uphold the mission and values of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the performance of all duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, provide direction, train, and coordinate all operational activities of the store employees.
- Direct all departments in the rotation of floor items, sorting process, pricing, marketing, and salvage operations.
- Oversee procedures for handling SVDP Conference clients with program support assistance vouchers.
- Provide leadership, training, direction and motivation to employees for tasks vital to the success of the store’s operation.
- Foster a positive work environment for employees through daily communication.
- Maintain open dialogue with the Executive Director concerning all employee and customer issues, as well as the day-to-day operations/needs of the store.
- Control profit and loss figures for store operations by maintaining donation production, increasing sales, and increasing sales volume.
- Identify, plan, and develop methods to increase sales and efficiency of store operations while maintaining control of budgets.
- Enforce company policies and procedures; display a thorough and working knowledge of the operations manual.
- Initiate all personnel actions such as hiring, training, scheduling, promotions, disciplinary measures and discharges.
- Follow proper chain of command with any employee or customer issue that requires upper management intervention.
- Reconcile cash with sales receipts, submit operating records and prepare daily record of transactions for the Director of Finance.
- Manage daily cash control policies, which includes making daily bank deposits and ensuring that each register drawer has the proper funds for business.
- Ensure building security, safety and sanitation standards are continually up to date with company, state and local government policies.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and the Facilities & grounds Manager for any needed outside services.
- Handle administrative functions, which include but are not limited to: approving employee timecards, making notations for employee files, preparing and conducting employee evaluations, creating work schedules for store personnel, preparing reports, reporting injuries to appropriate parties, overseeing repair and maintenance issues, and intervening in customer-related issues.
- Attend ALL scheduled store manager meetings.
- Welcome and collaborate with SVDP member volunteers.
- Adhere to and enforce SVDP safety standards and requirements.
- Learn and be able to articulate the SVDP mission to employees, store volunteers, donors and patrons.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com