Program Manager Job Description (Full-Time)
Chief Executive Officer
$45,000 – $53,329
About Steel Smiling:
We bridge the gap between Black people and mental health support through education, advocacy, and awareness. We’re working to expose every Black adult in Allegheny County to a positive mental health experience that improves their Quality of Life by 2030. Our programs and community-based experiences include: Beams To Bridges (Black Mental Health Workforce Development Program), Mental Health Awareness Day, Suicide Awareness/Prevention Day, Digital Mental Health and Wellness Series, and the Black Mental Health Fund Referral Program.
Program Manager Overview:
Our full-time Program Manager will be responsible for working with the Steel Smiling team to accomplish program objectives and daily program participant relationship management efforts. The Program Manager will also handle all program aspects and offerings including: daily programmatic administration; scheduling, confirming, and coordinating virtual/in-person program sessions, trainings and workshops; scheduling mental health professional development workshops; making purchases for programmatic needs; managing university fellows and interns; developing and implementing program recruitment, retention, and evaluation best practices; engaging with constituents to increase awareness about organization; maintaining data entry of all programs, participants, mental health professionals, communities being served, and the areas in which engagement is provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise Cohort Leaders to ensure that virtual/in-person sessions are effective.
- Lead recruitment, relationship management, and retention process with Cohort Leaders/Members.
- Support Cohort Members to assist Steel Smiling team with addressing group communication.
- Provide expert advice with planning curriculum, assessing, and improving program effectiveness.
- Advise Steel Smiling team and Cohort Members on best practices and policies for the organization’s sustainability.
- Strengthen partnerships with community-based organizations to sustain collaborative efforts.
- Respond to program-related emails on a daily basis.
- Meet virtually/in-person with potential community partner organizations.
- Manage the response process of individual requests for mental health support from Cohort Leaders/Members by email, text, and/or phone calls.
- Oversee purchase process of program supplies and food for in-person sessions within a pre-determined expenditure threshold.
- Coordinate the dissemination of Cohort Member/Leader incentives (gift cards, workforce development stipends, and emergency financial support).
- Ensure that Cohort Leader contacts Cohort Members to remind them of sessions.
- Proactively respond to cohort members/leaders social, emotional, and programmatic needs.
- Guide planning and preparation for weekly program sessions with team, Cohort Leaders/Members, interns, fellows, and/or volunteers.
- Maintain scheduling process for mental health professionals to visit weekly program sessions virtually and/or in-person.
- Assist Cohort Leaders/Members with set up and clean up for weekly program sessions (if in-person).
- Attend professional development events on behalf of Steel Smiling.
- Attend community engagement events on behalf of Steel Smiling.
- Lead communication efforts with University partners to establish program assessment process and evaluate compiled data with University Fellows/Interns.
- Grow Steel Smiling, enhance programs, adhere to the mission, and ensure best practices for fiscal management.
- Track activities for Steel Smiling with Cohort Leaders/Members, partners, and volunteers (data entering notes and statistics daily).
- Ensure Beams to Bridges reports are completed in a timely, comprehensive, and informative manner for program improvement.
- Manage process for Steel Smiling’s Black Mental Health Referral Program.
- Manage relationships with mental health practitioners to ensure a compliant, referral-based process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Requirements:
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Masters degree (preferred) in social work, mental health, or a psychology-related field; or a Bachelors degree (preferred) in one of the above mentioned fields with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, evolving work environment.
- Capable of managing conflict and high-stress situations virtually and in-person.
- Proficient in the use of technology such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and Google products.
- Strong person-centered and empathic interpersonal skills to interface with employees, management, participants, mental health professionals, and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated program implementation, management, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set, meet, and exceed clear, measurable goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management skills and practices.
- Ability to lead multiple Steel Smiling activities and maintain efficiency simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a mental health support role.
In addition to serving with others, making a difference in people’s lives, and potential career advancement opportunities, you will also be offered:
- Flexible work requirements (virtual/in-person);
- Benefits; and
- Access to mental health support professionals.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday, October 26th, 2020.
Steel Smiling is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Steel Smiling has a fiscal sponsor partnership with Neighborhood Allies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com