A multi-generational mentoring organization for women and girls.
Strong Women, Strong Girls is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to assist with the programs component of the organization. This position will work primarily with the elementary girl, after-school mentoring program, which coordinates women mentors from local college chapters delivering weekly curriculum at program sites across the Pittsburgh area. The program assistant will report directly to the SWSG Program Managers. The position requires frequent travel (should have own transportation) and flexible hours (nights/weekends) at times.
Status: Non-exempt employment;15 hours per week (guaranteed through August 2019, with the potential to expand after the summer)
Reports to: Program Managers
Salary: $12-$15 per hour, commensurate with experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An unwavering commitment to the mission of Strong Women, Strong Girls AND passion for or related experience in social work / equality / women’s empowerment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience (minimum).
- Highly developed skills in planning, organizing, and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing / grammar skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills using MS Office and Google Docs / Sheets / Drive.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with ease and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to execute tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with and able to keep college mentors on task with programmatic administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights / weekends).
- Must be able to provide own transportation – position involves frequent local travel.
- Understanding of / experience in a non-profit work environment and/or youth development programming experience.
- Strong interpersonal / teamworking skills; ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Experience working in Adobe Suite.
Key Functions of the Program Assistant Role include:
- Preparing and updating SWSG college chapter and site program materials prior to each semester.
- Attend community and school events to promote and educate potential girl participants and their parents about the SWSG program.
- Support college mentors and be present at sites during programming (after-school time frames), including providing quality assurance by working directly with and supervising undergraduate mentors and volunteers.
- Provide support to development / execution of Role Models in Residence Program.
- Work directly with community partners to support SWSG programming and assist in training creation and facilitation for college undergraduate mentors each semester.
- Assist with preparations and execution of several annual SWSG events held throughout the year, which will be held outside regular work hours (i.e., weekend and/or evening).
*This position is ideal for someone wishing to gain significant experience in the nonprofit sector.
Background and or passion for social responsibility, education, and women’s empowerment is ideal.*
About the Organization
SWSG is a multi-generational mentoring organization dedicated to building relationships between professional women, college women, and elementary school girls. Strong Women, Strong Girls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as received. Applications consist of a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest and qualifications and a resume (in Word or PDF format).
Please send all materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Assistant Application.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org