Strong Women Strong Girls Pittsburgh
Website Strong Women Strong Girls Pittsburgh
A multi-generational mentoring organization for women and girls.
Strong Women, Strong Girls Pittsburgh is seeking a full-time Program & Community Engagement Coordinator to support activities related to its core girl mentorship program. The position will report to SWSG Program Managers and will be responsible for managing key program elements, focusing on community relations and program administration.
Candidates should be local to the Pittsburgh area and able to travel locally during the work day to engage with partner organizations and program sites/chapters.
- Manage administrative functions of core mentorship program, such as program logistics and constituent correspondence
- Manage program data management in Salesforce database and support Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Director in data collection & tracking
- Directly support Program Managers in relationship cultivation and maintenance with both program sites (elementary schools/community centers) and college chapters
- Liaise with representatives at program sites / school districts and chapter leadership at college chapters
- Directly support program managers to expand recruitment efforts via community outreach to enroll new girls and develop partnerships with new program sites
- Expand recruitment efforts at college campuses to diversify mentor base by working with chapter leadership to create new recruitment strategies and provide resources as needed
- Manage program-related communications and promotion to site and university partners, college mentors, program participants, and parents
- Includes developing promotional materials and informative materials/guides for constituents
- Directly support Program Managers to develop and execute mentor training and coaching
- Attend community and school events to promote mentoring program and educate potential participants
- Attend after-school programming sessions as assigned for observation, mentor coaching, and/or evaluation
- Attend college chapter events as assigned and assist chapter leadership in securing resources
- Provide support to the execution of the Role Models in Residence program, which may include volunteer training, lesson development, and program logistics (Pittsburgh only)
- Support and actively participate curriculum development
- Support the planning and execution of SWSG annual events, including Mentor Training, Mentor Recognition, and Jump into Spring (annual celebration)
- An unwavering commitment to the mission of Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Highly developed skills in youth programming execution, planning, organizing, and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Highly developed skills in planning, organizing and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly developed ability to effectively communicate with groups of stakeholders for promotion and training purposes, including public speaking skills
- Experience working with community partners, youth, and volunteers
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in fast-paced environment and meet challenging growth targets on or before deadline
- Fluency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work occasional evenings / weekends as required for events
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with (Pittsburgh/Boston) neighborhoods and communities, as well as nonprofit community
- Candidates with their own transportation (vehicle) are strongly preferred due to the travel demands of the position (most travel takes place within workday)
- Familiarity with mentoring best practices and out-of-school programs strongly preferred
- Experience with elementary youth program development strongly preferred
- Experience in a nonprofit work environment and/or gender-specific programming strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of community contexts and development / social work
- Experience with trauma-informed care; background in education or youth curriculum work
- Strong interpersonal / teamworking skills; ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
$32,000-$35,000, Commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SWSG is a multi-generational mentoring organization dedicated to building relationships between professional women, college women, and elementary school girls. Strong Women, Strong Girls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as received. Applications consist of a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest and qualifications and a resume (in Word or PDF format) emailed to email@example.com. Please enter your first name, last name and “PCEC Position” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org