Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Website Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Community. Classes. Culture.
Sweetwater Center for the Arts offers nearly 400 classes, workshops, and lectures annually in the visual, performing, literary and culinary arts for children, teens, and adults at every skill level, from beginner to experienced. Sweetwater’s multidisciplinary approach includes classes in ceramics/sculpture, cooking, drawing, painting, photography, jewelry & metalsmithing, fiber arts, traditional crafts as well as private music lessons.
Our vision is to thrive as a regional asset and to lead innovative, relevant arts and cultural programming throughout the region. Our values of Community, Classes, and Culture help us focus on serving communities as a regional asset, providing programming of the highest artistic quality, and creating an environment that supports excellence in the arts. Sweetwater passionately believes that the foundation of arts education and skill development are critical to the individual regardless of his or her age or career path.
In addition to educational programming, Sweetwater provides cultural programming that is open to the public and offered for free or for a nominal cost – including musical performances, educational lectures, and exhibitions featuring local, regional, national, and international artists. Through gallery exhibitions, educational programming, and fundraising events, Sweetwater supports over 300 emerging and professional artists, musicians, and teachers throughout the region annually.
Maintain a presence at the front desk, provide customer service, field telephone calls, receive and direct customers, assist staff and instructors as needed, assist with online store facilitation, filing and data entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones/check voicemails, monitor and respond to emails in the general email account (email@example.com), and update the phone voicemail as needed;
- Ensure appropriate office coverage and update schedule as needed;
- Order and organize office and building supplies;
- Ensure efficient data entry of financial transactions in Proclass (class registration software) and Quickbooks;
- Manage and ensure accuracy of all data related to registrations, payments and donations;
- Create mail lists and validate USPS data for mailings;
- Work directly with Proclass to resolve technical issues and augmentation of features;
- In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen closure otherwise, communicate with instructors, students, models, and evening/weekend staff regarding cancellation of class or delays;
- Record donation data and draft acknowledgement letters;
- Record membership data and send welcome packet and renewal notices;
- Ensure timely processing of online store orders;
- Retrieve and validate data from Proclass, Quickbooks and online store;
- Assist with events as needed – may require travel off-site;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and training required; experience in non-profit required; Arts education, arts management or arts-related degree is preferred.
Job knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce preferred but not required;
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred but not required;
- Detail-oriented; organized and must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and basic computer knowledge (MS Office to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with reliable transportation;
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 30 lbs.
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt (Part-time)
Hours: 30 Hours/Week; Flexible as agreed upon with supervisor.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Sweetwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org