Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Website Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Community. Classes. Culture.
Sweetwater Center for the Arts offers nearly 400 classes, workshops, and lectures annually in the visual, performing, literary and culinary arts for children, teens, and adults at every skill level, from beginner to experienced. Sweetwater’s multidisciplinary approach includes classes in ceramics/sculpture, cooking, drawing, painting, photography, jewelry & metalsmithing, fiber arts, traditional crafts as well as private music lessons.
Our vision is to thrive as a regional asset and to lead innovative, relevant arts and cultural programming throughout the region. Our values of Community, Classes, and Culture help us focus on serving communities as a regional asset, providing programming of the highest artistic quality, and creating an environment that supports excellence in the arts. Sweetwater passionately believes that the foundation of arts education and skill development are critical to the individual regardless of his or her age or career path.
In addition to educational programming, Sweetwater provides cultural programming that is open to the public and offered for free or for a nominal cost – including musical performances, educational lectures, and exhibitions featuring local, regional, national, and international artists. Through gallery exhibitions, educational programming, and fundraising events, Sweetwater supports over 300 emerging and professional artists, musicians, and teachers throughout the region annually.
This position serves as the Event Coordinator and will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of special events, exhibitions, and facility and gallery rentals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of special events and exhibitions, including programmatic and fundraising events (ex. Sweet Jazz, Mavuno Festival, Holiday Mart, etc.)
- Attends all special events; coordinates staffing at all facility rentals;
- Manages facility and gallery rentals;
- Manages event budgets;
- Acts as Chair for Mavuno Festival and Holiday Mart Committees;
- Oversees event mailings, print material distribution and design work relating to events and exhibitions;
- Assists Executive Director with grants and final reports relating to events and exhibitions;
- Organizes all aspects of events and exhibitions including vendors, rentals, etc. which includes negotiating for prices and prepares contracts; organizes food, beverages, paper products, etc.; manages artists and performers;
- Manages all aspects of the hiring process and supervision of event volunteers and/or interns;
- Documents demographic and evaluation information from events and exhibitions and provides analysis which includes tracking attendance numbers.
Supports Communications & Marketing Manager with marketing of events:
- Assists with planning quarterly marketing schedule for all events which includes all marketing materials such as press release schedule, post cards, posters, post-to-webs, e-newsletter and e-blasts, etc.;
- Coordinates all mailings and distribution relating to events and exhibitions; proofreads/edits mailing lists; collaborates with Business Assistant on volunteer needs;
- Proof/edit components of social media, print, and event e-blasts;
- Communicates necessary website updates to Communications & Marketing Manager regarding events;
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent combination of education and training. Experience in event planning and management required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented; organized and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and basic computer knowledge (MS Office to include MS Word, and Excel);
- Photo editing and basic graphic design skills a plus;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to think creatively are essential;
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with reliable transportation;
- Previous experience in event coordination; non-profit field preferred;
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks;
- Must have the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
FLSA Class: Exempt (Full-time)
Hours: 40 Hours/Week. Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Additional hours may be required but are flexible based on event schedule)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Sweetwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org