Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Website Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Community. Classes. Culture.
This position includes the management, planning, coordination and evaluation of Sweetwater’s education and outreach programming, including youth and adult classes; the production of quarterly class catalog including coordination with the graphic designer and printer; assists with marketing of programs; maintains awareness of current trends in arts education; calculates costs and maintains budgets; orders supplies and equipment; monitors, documents and communicates enrollment, cancellations, and schedules; administers and reviews course evaluations.
FLSA Class: Exempt; full-time.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $40,000/year (commensurate with education and experience)
- Coordinate course offerings for all age groups (includes: adult/child, preschool, children, teen, adult classes and summer camps;
- Schedule classes/instructors; coordinate room availability;
- Work with Director of Finance and Operations to calculate class prices;
- Maintain awareness of current trends in arts education, management and advocacy; research competition at other art centers and community organizations;
- Online Class Management System/Registration/Website (includes entering all class data and scheduling information; update policies; calculate program hours and instructor pay;
- Manage scholarship application and award process;
- Negotiate, prepare and review instructor contracts;
- Coordinate volunteers and interns for programming needs;
- Design, administer and review class evaluations;
- Procure class supplies and equipment: art supplies, clay, glazes, etc.;
- Set-up/cleanup of classrooms during the day;
- Clean and organize downstairs classrooms, quarterly; ensure cleanliness and organization throughout quarter;
- Oversee daily summer camp operations including: check in, pre-care, lunch, after-care and check out.
- Represent Sweetwater as requested by the Director of Finance and Operations at community meetings and events.
- Determine and send weekly class reminder emails;
- Proof/edit education components of weekly e-blasts and other marketing materials.
- Coordinate staff regarding online registration system, in regard to updates and changes with registrations, etc.;
- Assist with answering phone calls; registrations; and front desk duties when needed;
- In the event of inclement weather, coordinate with Director of Finance and Operations to determine status of building operations.
- Communicate class cancellation information to students and instructors;
- Maintain instructor clearances.
- Manage planning and scheduling of outreach programs;
- In coordination with Director of Finance & Operations, set annual outreach goals and develop strategies to meet goals;
- Update outreach project budgets as part of regular reporting to Director of Finance & Operations;
- Maintain up-to-date summary report of all outreach programs;
- Develop and implement promotional plan for new outreach opportunities and actively pursue new opportunities;
- Identify relationships with new community contacts and organizations to pursue outreach programming;
- Follow-up with partner organizations at the completion of programs for evaluation purposes and possible extension of services;
- Pursue and coordinate field trip opportunities with schools and preschools with the goal of marketing Sweetwater programs to participants;
- Assist with community festivals by developing an interactive project for festival participants. Will be required to attend festivals.
Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
Education and Experience:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management (preferred), Education or combination of arts training and professional experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to think creatively are essential;
- Detail-oriented; organized and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks;
- Ability to organize projects requiring both big-picture, strategic thinking as well as detail-oriented operational tasks;
- Knowledge of STEAM preferred;
- Knowledge of Pittsburgh arts community preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and basic computer knowledge (MS Office to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with reliable transportation.
To apply: Please email resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references to the attention of Denise Ditrich, Director of Finance and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com