The American Red Cross
Website The American Red Cross
International Services helps vulnerable people and communities around the world prepare for, respond to, and recover from natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and health emergencies, through mobilizing the power of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. To learn more about The American Red Cross International Services opportunities, visit www.redcross.org/volunteer.
Regional Restoring Family Links Caseworker
- Client interaction within casework duties, to include but not limited to the following: conducting home visits and searches within communities to locate separated family members, conduct interviews with clients to obtain information and initiate new cases, delivery of difficult news, and responsibly following up with clients on open cases.
- Working with clients to fill out necessary paperwork, while building rapport, communication effectively, and displaying empathy
- Research and data management by maintaining case files for all RFL cases through the RFL database
- Provide information and referral services to RFL clients
- Time Commitment Flexible
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated families
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody the Red Cross fundamental principles including impartiality and neutrality
- Excellent communications skills
- Completion of Restoring Family Links training requirement (Self-study and in-class)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database, coupled with excellent research skills, internet navigation, and use of social media tools
This position offers the opportunity to develop an array of professional skills including casework, case management, interviewing skills, ability to communicate program scope and limitations, records management and empathy. In addition, the caseworker team member is able to contribute meaningfully to a program which serves families who have been internationally separated due to crisis, conflict, migration and/or disaster.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Restoring Family Links online training module in the SABA Learning Management System (required)
- Restoring Family Links classroom course (highly recommended)
- On the job training & shadowing of experienced RFL caseworker (highly recommended)
- Case Management System Training (as recommended by RFL Lead)
- Disaster Services overview & Disaster Responder (recommended)
The purpose of this position is to deliver services to clients who have been separated from family members in other countries due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. These services include delivery of Red Cross messages, responding to tracing inquiries, information and referrals, and community outreach. Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross international network.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org