The Children's Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center
Website The Children's Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center
The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh is seeking a Full-Time Community Engagement Manager.
The Community Engagement Manager stewards and strengthens relationships with referral sources for our three programs: The Pediatric Specialty Hospital, Child’s Way, and Adoption. They carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas. Serves as a liaison between existing and potential referrers to The Children’s Home, the patients and families and our admissions staff. Strategizes and establishes service lines to all three programs to supplement the number of individuals served. Implements internal and external communications, presents on behalf of The Children’s Home, and ensures that the community is aware of our programs and services. Manages media relations and advertising, and assists with the website, social media, and photography.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Employer Contribution to Benefits
- 401(k) & Employer Match
- Free Financial Planning
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual Merit Increases
- FREE On-site parking
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Community Engagement Manager will participate in recruitment efforts for referral sources and potential patients, students, and clients to ensure referrals to the Pediatric Specialty Hospital, Child’s Way and Adoption and Permanency. By strengthening existing relationships and stewarding new ones, this position will rely on core relationship building skills to increase awareness of The Children’s Home’s programs and services to meet varying patient, and client needs. They regularly interact with community partners, vendors and referring agencies. The Community Engagement Manager will leverage their knowledge of The Children’s Home patient and client experience to aide in the patient/family referral process by building relationships with potential patient/client/student populations. The outreach component to encourage referrals is the main part of the Community Engagement position. Outside of this, they are also expected to manage advertising and assist in the management of media relations, website and social media communications, and all marketing for The Children’s Home & Lemieux Family Center.
- Works with department directors and support staff to strategize the proper referral marketing for each program and across programs
- Works with physician leadership and admissions team to admit all appropriate patients to Child’s Way and Pediatric Specialty Hospital
- Effectively counsels interested families and answers questions they may have about transferring to our facility by visiting patients and families in referring hospitals
- Builds relationships on a regular basis with referral sources within the outside healthcare community to identify potential patients and families and serves as the healthcare professional’s point of contact throughout the admission process
- Effectively tours interested parties around The Children’s Home addressing concerns and highlighting the programs and tools appropriate for that audience
- Represents The Children’s Home during outreach activities, and appeals to audiences in various settings such as: formal presentations at Grand Rounds outreach; staff meetings; tabling events with one-on-one interaction during in-services; dinners; etc.
- Coordinates all clinical referral activities including booking rooms, planning events and the distribution of literature and referral gifts
- Obtains all accurate clinical and demographic data regarding admission and disseminates information appropriately
- Research and identify opportunities and venues for promoting The Children’s Home
- Cultivates relationships with referral sources by creating a “touch” program which tracks frequency of contacts, quality of feedback and outlines tactics for ongoing relationship building
- Identifies new referral sources and establishes opportunities to present to potential referral staff
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Resolve and enhance the process for program referral stewardship by collecting and analyzing internal data
- Determine strategy and key goals; and assist in the development of plans and direction for marketing initiatives
- Conduct research to assist in analyzing and preparing reports/performance metrics for marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing budget expenditures and planning
- Work with the CDO to design communication pieces to ensure a consistent voice and brand recognition throughout all efforts
- Assist in identifying opportunities and partnerships that will enhance The Children’s Home brand
Public Relations, Social Media, and Marketing:
- Writes and disseminates media releases, media alerts, and features to promote organization events, accomplishments and needs
- Assists with the management of the website by editing and writing content as needed
- Assists with the management of planned posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Writes and manages design of program collateral, press kits, displays for distribution to referral sources
- Manages the paid advertising of The Children’s Home and makes suggestions for the direction of advertising by analyzing effectiveness of efforts quarterly
- Manages some photography needs for the organization
- Assists with all fundraising efforts
- Develop and report outreach and advertising metrics for the board of directors
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Abilities Required:
- Prior experience in clinical setting and comfortable working with all populations including physicians, families under stress with a medically fragile child, media, volunteers, and co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, Communications, Business or the equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of outreach and marketing experience or program implementation equivalent
- Clinical marketing knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of measuring outcomes and effectiveness of marketing and public relations strategies
- Knowledge of media outlets and contacts (print, electronic, social) and experience using a wide variety of tools and tactics for communicating with media, including media alerts, events, releases, etc.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and oral communication skills; experience making public presentations
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, and WordPress
- Professional, personable, outgoing demeanor with good listening skills
- A self-starter: ability to plan and manage work independently to successfully achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Collaborative and collegial; pro-active problem solver
- Normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to push, pull, and occasionally lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds as required to access file boxes, supplies, etc.
- Subject to sometimes hostile, emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and hear the English language.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in order to travel locally for business related to The Children’s Home (40% – 60%).
To apply for this job please visit www.childrenshomepgh.org.