The Children's Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center
Website The Children's Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center
The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh is seeking a Full-Time Foundation & Community Relations Manager.
The Foundation & Community Relations Manager (F&CRM) reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and is responsible for meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals from corporate, foundation, and government funders to support all programmatic and operational needs of The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh. The F&CRM researches, writes, and edits all corporate, foundation, and government grants and proposals.
In consultation with the CDO, the CEO, the other senior management staff, the F&CRM researches current and potential funders; presents concrete plans for achieving goals; manages the solicitation of new and renewing funders; and works with all departments to draft grants and provide appropriate acknowledgement of funding. The F&CRM is responsible for communication pieces, including writing and editing letters; writing content for the website, monthly e-blast, newsletters, annual reports, social media, etc.; writing and editing direct appeals, articles of content marketing and other materials as required. This position also plays a key role in research, advocacy, major gifts, and corporate sponsorships for events.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Annual Merit Increases
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employer Benefit Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) & Employer Match
- Free Financial Planning
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- FREE On-site parking
Foundation and Government Relations:
- Write and submit grant proposals and letters of request in coordination with other development staff, CEO, and program directors.
- Manage additional $845,000 in grants prospects
- Project manage grant awards to ensure timely delivery of services as intended in written grant
- Work with department heads to draw a picture of the program needs and product/service delivery to fulfill obligations in grant writing, reporting, expenditure of funds, and program implementation
- Coordinate submission packets for grants with agency staff; track all submissions, research, contacts made, statuses of grants and grants awarded.
- Meet goals for corporate, foundation, and government fundraising by developing strategies for cultivation and solicitation of current and potential donors through research
- Work with CDO to create master list and strategy for foundation funding
- Research and identify the organization’s needs for potential sources of foundation, corporate and government funding to support current program needs and for potential program expansion and growth.
- Cultivate and direct volunteers and staff through the mandatory Community Needs Assessment process to the completion of the project
- Monitor income reports related to the status of grants. Coordinate and write interim and final reports for all grants.
- Manage grant manager cultivation process through introductory conversations, hospital tours and follow up.
- Manage acknowledgement process for foundation and government gifts through letters, reporting mechanisms, and ongoing contact with donors and produce acknowledgements for foundations giving $1,000 or more.
- Cultivate relationships with foundation staff to ensure productive and meaningful investment.
Communications & Graphic Design:
- Write and edit communication to donors and potential donors through tailored letters, brochure content, videos, etc., related to events, annual and periodic appeals, and special research projects.
- Maintains up-to-date information on management team and other key personnel including biographies and photos
- Serves as staff photographer for various marketing and outreach efforts and social media purposes
- Works closely with the CDO and Volunteer & Outreach Manager on writing and editing press releases, website content, monthly e-blasts, content marketing, and other materials as needed.
- Writes internal communications, newsletters, etc. as required
- Designs, develops, and manages production of annual reports
- Works with Marketing on website marketing and communications, ensuring that messages are consistent with The Children’s Home and Lemieux Family Center’s brand and values.
- Works with communications staff to write and manage distribution of e-newsletters, eblasts and blog posts.
- Designs all communications pieces in a timely manner including newsletters, annual reports, brochures and any outreach or communication materials as requested by all departments within The Children’s Home.
Special Events & Donor Stewardship:
- Manage 10 major gifts portfolio prospects or family foundation donors with a goal of an increased donation, or first-time donation from 7 out of 10 of them per year or $10,000-$20,000 in added revenue
- Attend TCH special events to foster relationships with necessary donors and grant makers and to facilitate work of the Development Department.
- Assist in securing sponsorships/underwriting for various events
- Cultivate and steward volunteers/donors for the purposes of increasing private foundation/family foundation support
- Enter all donor, foundation, and prospect information into the notes section of Donor Perfect
- Produces all Shake Your Booties design materials including program book, banners, logo, emails, acknowledgment letters, sponsorship materials, presentations and all other items requested.
- Conduct research for the purpose of advocacy to connect the organization with key stakeholders and community partners.
- Follow health, hospital journals and other resources to stay abreast of trends and awards that may have an impact on the organization.
- Execute other special tasks as requested by the CDO and CEO
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Creative Writing or other related specialty. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization, with experience in foundation and government grant writing
- Knowledge of best practices in grant writing, technical and persuasive writing, and editing
- Must be a detail-oriented self-started and have excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional grammar, well rounded vocabulary and articulate speech
- Ability to communicate with staff, funders and others over the telephone and in person
- Strong internet research skills; knowledge of search engines and tools
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in MS Office applications with ability to input data into computer, make calculations, and produce reports
To apply for this job please visit csstchp.sentrichr.com.