The Children's Institute
Website The Children's Institute
Begin an Amazing Career. Join Our Team!
Careers at Our Amazing Place
Amazing Kids. Amazing Place. At The Children’s Institute of Pittsburgh, we’ve built our legacy on being “amazing.” After more than a century of the highest quality care and service to children and their families, we’re forever proud of our team members who don’t just make a career here – they make a difference.
We’re proud to offer generous benefits to our team members. Regular full-time team members are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 403b Plan-Retirement
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness program
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Employee Recognition Events
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development
The Annual and Community Giving Coordinator assumes a hands-on, proactive, and creative role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual donors including individuals and community groups. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and working a portfolio of donors and prospective donors for, but not limited to, annual giving and community fundraising. Supports fundraising activities of the organization and coordinates all aspects of direct and digital mail appeals, employee and workplace campaigns, annual giving donor society events, and community fundraising efforts.
Are you looking for a position where you can make a lasting impact in the lives of children? Join the team!
- Develops and executes fundraising appeals in support of strategies developed in collaboration with department team members.
- Coordinates and implements all aspects of fall appeal and spring appeal campaigns–including design, segmentation, printing, mail house coordination, emails, and social media coordination in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Develops strategies with the Development Director and implements plans that nurture and steward relationships to deepen donor commitment and giving from current and prospective donors.
- Coordinates and oversees annual giving recognition societies and events for donors up to, but not limited, to $5,000.
- Maintain and improve community fundraising strategies and tactics. Coordinate and represent the organization at various annual community events and identify new community giving avenues
- Coordinates with service lines for acceptance of in-kind donations.
- Oversees digital giving marketing activities such as emails and fundraising pages.
- Collaborates with internal team and vendors on various annual campaign pieces such as print, digital, and video assets then effectively promote them by way of targeted and paid advertisements.
- Contributes content to Advancements, a digital publication for the Board of Directors.
- Assists with planning, preparation, and execution of events managed by the Institutional Advancement team.
Bachelor’s degree is required; Communications, Marketing, or Nonprofit Management degree preferred. A minimum of one year of fundraising experience is required. Previous donor database experience preferred. Previous annual giving experience with a record of success is strongly preferred; Marketing experience with all aspects of direct mail and online fundraising is desirable, as well as strong technology skills.
Act 33/34 Clearances; FBI Clearance
The Children’s Institute of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We serve a diverse population of children and families, and we want our workforce to reflect that same diversity. We want all interested individuals to feel welcome in applying for a career at our amazing place – we can’t wait to meet you!
The Children’s Institute does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religious creed, AIDS or HIV status, disability, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, union membership, or veteran/military status in employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazingkids.org.