The Community at Holy Family Manor
Manage the programs and advance the mission of Nazareth Housing Services (NHS), which is to enable low income seniors, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable individuals and families to have safe, healthy and comfortable homes. Obtain and implement grants to ensure financial capability of Nazareth Housing Services. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with new and existing partners to achieve programmatic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the mission and values of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and The Community at Holy Family Manor, Inc. in the carrying out of daily work activities.
- Provide in-home counseling to homeowners experiencing difficulty maintaining their homes, including assessment of maintenance and improvement needs, and referral to professional contractors, financial resources and other social services.
- Project management of accepted clients from intake to termination.
- Document, record and maintain all files of clients and potential clients.
- Recruit, screen and manage a pool of contractors in the program.
- Identify, initiate and maintain contact with government, business, philanthropic, non-profit, and community organizations to enhance the reputation and effectiveness of NHS.
- Oversee and perform the preparation and submission of grant and contract applications to obtain program funding.
- Administer contracts and grants to ensure adherence to conditions of funding and effective use of resources.
- Participate in strategic planning to establish NHS goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in advocacy of positions regarding national, state and local political issues that are consistent with the NHS mission.
- Participate with internal accounting staff and external auditor in preparation of annual budget and monthly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare and present periodic reports of program activities, grants; communicate with management and Board of Directors, to advance the mission and ministry of NHS.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary training and certification.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Familiarity with the challenges and rewards of homeowners.
- Proficiency in basic tool handling and performing simple home maintenance tasks; ability to assess home repair needs and communicate with construction contractors.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of relevant resources available to lower income homeowners.
- Ability to work effectively with disabled, elderly and low-income populations.
- Ability to write effective grant applications and reports and build relationships with grantors.
- Understanding of financial accounting and reporting, including grant reporting
- Experience as an innovative thinker and change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to become proficient quickly in new software and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong writing skills for a variety of audiences/stakeholders.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience in non-profit or religious program management, financial and social services
- Valid PA driver’s license and car
- Travel to client homes as needed
- HUD Housing Counseling Certificate (required within 6 months)
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
The Community of Holy Family Manor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com