The Education Partnership
Website The Education Partnership
The Basics are a Big Deal
Reports to: Program Manager (TRC)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Program Assistant needed for The Education Partnership’s Teacher Resource Center. Join the team at The Education Partnership to help provide school supplies for students and their teachers in under-resourced schools in Southwestern PA. Work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative office and warehouse space with a clear focus on helping kids in need.
The Program Assistant will work closely with dedicated staff and volunteers to support the teachers we serve through the organization’s core values (equity, integrity, resourcefulness, respect, and service).
Teacher Resource Center Teacher Communication:
- Deepen relationships with the educational community by professionally mass communicating Teacher Resource Center schedules, opportunities and updates to partner school staff
- Assist teachers with appointment and change requests via email and phone
Teacher Resource Center Program Support:
- Coordinate with Volunteer and Inventory Coordinator and Operations Manager to ensure adequate volunteers and restock of product for Teacher Resource Center
- Oversee shopping inventory and product restock to ensure excellence in service to our teachers
- Warmly greet teachers; clearly and firmly explain shopping instructions according to check-in procedures
- Assist teachers with check-out
- Train volunteers and applicable staff to perform check-in and check-out tasks
- Assist with product restock, tidying and organization
- Record relevant teacher data in Salesforce
STEAM Lending Library Program Support:
- Assist with organization of professional development
- Assist in planning Maker and STEAM events
- Professionally mass communicate STEAM Lending Library opportunities and updates to partner school staff
- Display strong written and oral communication and organizational skills
- Proven customer service and retail experience
- Possess strong attention to detail and thorough follow-through abilities
- Manage, protect and communicate all information with an ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, and numerical abilities
- Flexible problem solving skills
- Fluent in MS Office Suite and Salesforce
- Proven history of impeccable organization skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Willingness to obtain forklift certification within 90 days of hire
- The following PA clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
o Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s education level, experience and other attributes. Benefits will be discussed and considered as part of the overall compensation package.
Job placement at The Education Partnership will include successful past employer reference checks. All employment practices are in accordance with State of Pennsylvania and the EEOC guidelines and regulations. Storehouse for Teachers d/b/a/ The Education Partnership is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation and is subject to the governance of their Board of Directors 501(c)(3). The Education Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to Resumes@TheEducationPartnership.org