The Ellis School
Website The Ellis School
The Ellis School seeks an inspired, creative, and innovative thinker with a passion for providing welcoming experiences and executing top-notch events to join the school’s Marketing and Communications Office. Working closely with the Director of Strategic Marketing, Communications, and Outreach and in collaboration with key stakeholders, the Marketing and Community Outreach Manager will assist in developing short and long-term plans and strategies for outreach events while acting as both an integral part of the campus family and the school’s ambassador to the external community. In addition, this role is responsible for creating a superior experience for prospective and current families through communications and storytelling that represent Ellis’ community and identity. This includes an emphasis on accurately, effectively, and eloquently enhancing the mission and vision of the school in all marketing materials. This year-round full-time position will include independent oversight and execution of weeknight and weekend events.
- Conduct market research, identify target audiences, and collaborate with colleagues and community partners to develop and implement events that achieve marketing and recruitment goals.
- Coordinate event promotion through online calendars and event listings, advertising and sponsorships, and media alerts
- Assist with writing, editing, and the distribution of marketing materials and content.
- Capture and promote key events and activities. Curate photos/videos as needed for print, digital marketing/social media purposes.
- Develop and update online marketing content including writing, photo selection, and technical implementation.
- Positively interact with event attendees, treating them with respect and providing warm, courteous, and professional communications to ensure events are engaging, inclusive, welcoming, safe, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Network with and assist in supporting the strategic goals of the Ellis Parent Association while identifying opportunities to leverage word-of-mouth marketing within the community.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of work experience preferably in marketing, outreach, event planning, or a similar field
- Experience in an education setting or independent school strongly preferred
- Passionate about all-girls education and the mission of the school
- Community connector who believes in the power of leveraging networks to build relationships
- Proactive communicator and understands the importance of keeping colleagues, internal and external stakeholders, and one’s supervisor well-informed about project progress
- High level of initiative, proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team, exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and an ability to plan ahead and work within tight deadlines
- The ability to collaborate with others, showing outstanding judgment with a high level of energy, creativity, and flexibility
- Familiarity with web-based design tools, Google Drive, and project management tools (Asana)
- Humble enough to ask questions but willing to do their own research first
- Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Robust Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Reduced Summer Hours
- Employer Retirement Plan Match
- Tuition Remission
- On-site Day Care
- Technology Discounts and Loans
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by September 20, 2021.
Mission statement: The Ellis School educates girls and young women to become bold, authentic, and intellectually vibrant changemakers.
The Ellis School does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation in employment. We do not discriminate in student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, or any other aspect of the School’s program, except on the basis of age and gender identity in fulfillment of the School’s mission.
To apply for this job please visit www.theellisschool.org.