The Ellis School
Website The Ellis School
The Ellis School seeks an outgoing, creative, and social media savvy self-starter with a passion for serving as a brand ambassador and storyteller for a vibrant learning community to join the school’s Marketing and Communications Office. The Social Media Specialist will create an engaging social media presence to promote connection and interest in the school, as well as support the school’s mission via consistent, compelling digital communications. This position will build a robust network with internal and external stakeholders and achieve strong engagement and outcomes in the following areas: developing content, strategic management, and posting across social media platforms to generate prospective student inquiries, drive enrollment and engagement. The Social Media Specialist is a creative thinker and doer who is responsible for representing the brand voice, look, and personality of the school across all social media channels. This year-round part-time position will work approximately 30 hours per week and report to the Director of Strategic Marketing, Communications, and Outreach.
- Manage the school’s social media channels: develop a content calendar, analyze metrics, and create and implement an organic social strategy to inform and engage the school’s community and prospective families in the dynamic life of the school.
- Utilize creative approaches to social media, website posts, and email campaigns.
- Take photos and create engaging videos of school activities and events for social media and other channels, and manage digital asset archives.
- Write compelling content for social media and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Create monthly reports of social media campaigns, website, and email analytics; analyze these reports to share performance, and drive improvements.
- Work closely with our Enrollment and Advancement teams to develop and execute social media campaigns and other digital marketing strategies to reach our enrollment and fundraising goals.
- Stay abreast of social media trends in the broad market and in independent schools and provide recommendations that are relevant to the School’s marketing activities.
- Keep pace with industry trends and developments and present research, best practices, and recommendations for further innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience preferably in marketing, communications, or similar field
- Experience in an education setting or independent school strongly preferred
- Passionate about all-girls education and the mission of the school
- Proficient in social media management platforms
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience with key Adobe Creative Suite apps, basic video editing, and DSLR photography/asset management
- Familiarity with Canva or other web-based design tools, Google Drive, and project management tools (Asana)
- The ability to collaborate with others, showing outstanding judgment with a high level of energy, creativity, and flexibility
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while providing strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work some extended hours, nights and weekends, as business need requires
- Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Robust Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Reduced Summer Hours
- Employer Retirement Plan Match
- Tuition Remission
- On-site Day Care
- Technology Discounts and Loans
Please send a cover letter, resume, listing of social media accounts and handles, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by September 20, 2021.
Mission statement: The Ellis School educates girls and young women to become bold, authentic, and intellectually vibrant changemakers.
The Ellis School does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation in employment. We do not discriminate in student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, or any other aspect of the School’s program, except on the basis of age and gender identity in fulfillment of the School’s mission.
To apply for this job please visit www.theellisschool.org.