The Forbes Funds
Website The Forbes Funds
Position Status: Full time, Exempt
The Forbes Funds has an immediate opening for a Special Assistant to the CEO & Community Liaison. This position is an integral part of The Forbes Funds team and requires a dynamic individual who can balance multiple projects and keep the organization running smoothly throughout the year.
The Special Assistant to the CEO & Community Liaison will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing high priority special projects and providing administrative support, calendar management, grant research, event coordination, and project coordination. This position will be expected to provide a high level of service and professionalism to the more than 1500 organizations and individuals served by The Forbes Funds. This position will also work closely with The Forbes Funds’ team to recruit talented community leaders for learning cohorts, facilitate office efficiency, coordinate staff programs area needs, and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and have an interest in neighborhood resiliency, sustainable development, and the success of nonprofit sector. This candidate will also thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have demonstrated experience working in or with a community-based organization. Must possess excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and to exercise sound judgment and discretion when working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
The candidate should also have experience with all components of Microsoft Office, as well as strong database management skills and experience; experience with CRMs, Donor Pro, and Foundant is required.
Previous experience in a non-profit environment preferred but not required. Opportunities available for professional development training and performance-based annual bonuses. Some nights and weekends availability required for special events.
- Engage with community leaders, nonprofits, businesses, and philanthropy to address community development and human service needs across the region.
- Provide general and advanced administrative support and office management (typing, mail, scheduling, supplies, relationship management, outreach, HR support, etc.).
- Support the activities of the President; Manage scheduling/agendas/travel arrangements.
- Maintain the contact database and general stakeholder and constituency correspondence.
- Support events coordination and administrative duties for special projects (such as The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership).
- Maintain minor changes to The Forbes Funds and GPNP websites with current events, new data and changes as requested.
- Compile and distribute blast emails (The Forbes Funds communications; GPNP newsletters, policy briefs, actions alerts).
- Provide assistance with grant awards, processing and tracking
- Support Board functions including quarterly and committee meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships and processes with co-workers, contractors, and community partners to assure that all goals are accomplished in a collegial and effective manner.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission, core values, and principles of The Forbes Funds.
- Five years of professional experience, experience supporting a CEO or C-suite level position desirable.
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and grasp the principal challenges and opportunities facing Pittsburgh’s nonprofit sector.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Exceptional organizational skills and focus.
- Keen intelligence, along with good humor and a high energy level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively The Forbes Funds’ and GPNP mission, programs, and impact to key internal and external audiences.
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity, compassion, and standards of excellence.
About The Forbes Funds:
The mission of The Forbes Funds (TFF) focuses on building the management capacity and strengthening impact of community-based nonprofits individually and collectively. Our work supports capacity-building initiatives for human services and community development agencies by facilitating innovative partnerships, implementing learning cohorts, connecting local talent and initiatives to global frameworks like the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Bateson Institutes Warm Data Labs, and building coalitions through the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP).
The Forbes Funds is a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Additional information about The Forbes Funds is available online at www.forbesfunds.org
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30.
Please include Forbes Funds Special Assistant to the CEO in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
THE FORBES FUNDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org