The Forbes Funds
Website The Forbes Funds
Reports To: COO and Director of Learning and Education
Position Status: 12-16 weeks, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $18.00 Per Hour
The Forbes Funds has an immediate opening for a social impact & capacity intern. This position is an integral part of the Forbes team and requires a dynamic individual who can balance multiple projects, support internal and external partnerships, and guide critical integration of metrics, project alignment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) and the Social Determinants of Health (SDoH), and new programmatic opportunities to regional and local needs.
The social impact & capacity intern will report directly to both the COO and Director of Learning and Education. This position will be responsible for supporting the Forbes’ high priority special projects, data collection and organization and project coordination. This position will be expected to provide a high level of service and professionalism to the more than 1500 organizations and individuals served by the Forbes.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and have an interest in social impact, global metrics (UNSDGs and SDoH), the success of the nonprofit sector. This candidate will also thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have demonstrated experience working in or with a community-based organization. Must possess excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and to exercise sound judgment and discretion when working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
The candidate should also have experience with all components of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Miro, Canva, as well as strong database management skills and experience; experience with WordPress is a plus.
Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred but not required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programmatic Duties and Responsibilities: (25%)
- Provide general and advanced administrative support and program coordination management across the Forbes programs including EIR, MAGs, C3, Innovation Lab, The Commons and social impact initiatives
- Maintain minor changes to the Funds and GPNP websites with current events, new data and changes as requested.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships and processes with co-workers, contractors and community partners to assure that all goals are accomplished in a collegial and effective manner.
- Provide content creation and development support for the executive office which includes the development of social impact documents and one-pagers, assisting COO and senior grants manager with meeting preparation.
- Create press releases and impact materials related to metrics of programmatic work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Data Duties and Responsibilities: (25%)
- Assists with creating and deploying surveys of the sector.
- Assists with managing social impact on an as needed basis.
- Identify opportunities to improve data and social impact metric tracking across The Forbes Funds Ecosystem.
- Serve as social impact metric coordinator for the Forbes learning cohorts, grantmaking, GPNP, catalytic community cohorts and other programming.
- Develop, deliver, and analyze course surveys that demonstrate capacity growth and programming impact.
- Works on special data projects as the need arises.
Research & Development Duties and Responsibilities: (50%)
- Assist executive team in the development of the Forbes’ impact database by:
- Providing program development support.
- Providing general research support.
- Providing technical support for identifying social impact gaps in project alignment and execution.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Forbes’ values of inclusiveness, racial equity and equitable funding, regeneration, strategic engagement and collaboration, and thought partnership.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Excellent customer service approach, able to communicate in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Able to deal with, and adapt to, complexities related to varying agendas, priorities, personalities, etc.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and matters is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks for different staff members.
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Proactive, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a reliable manner, with minimal supervision.
- Additional responsibilities may arise throughout the term of employment.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 15.
No phone calls please.
THE FORBES FUNDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.
About The Forbes Funds
The mission of The Forbes Funds (TFF) focuses on building the management capacity and strengthening impact of community-based nonprofits individually and collectively. Our work supports capacity-building initiatives for human services and community development agencies by facilitating innovative partnerships, implementing learning cohorts, connecting local talent and initiatives to global frameworks like the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Bateson Institutes Warm Data Labs, and building coalitions through the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership (GPNP).
The Forbes Funds is a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Additional information about The Forbes Funds is available online at www.forbesfunds.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@pghfdn.org