The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
The Food Access Innovations Coordinator works closely with the Food Access Innovations Manager and other teammates to facilitate a dynamic schedule of direct distributions across the Food Bank service area. The Food Access Innovations Coordinator also supports innovative service delivery pilots by providing temporary support to teams across the Programs department during the preliminary phases of their projects.
- Work collaboratively with Food Access Innovations Manager to develop and follow monthly staffing schedule
- Support the use of relevant data to identify opportunities to reach underserved populations through small direct distributions including identifying areas to serve and determining areas of highest need.
- Support efforts to evaluate distribution locations, partner organizations, and pilot projects to determine their sustainability and efficacy
- Cultivate positive working relationships with community partners and stakeholders
- Provide start-up staffing for new projects across the Programs department.
- Participate in client record management as needed.
- Provide extra support to teams across the Programs department as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Operations teams to plan and facilitate all elements of direct distributions
- Engage Marketing and Communications team as well as other Programs teams in distribution event promotion
- Assist Food Access Innovations Manager in collecting, vetting, and responding to requests for distributions from external stakeholders
- Generate new ideas for reaching underserved populations directly and in partnership with community stakeholders
- Support program and project evaluation efforts and grant reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Able to lead and follow direction, working both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, willing to work a changing schedule that includes nights and weekends as needed
- Must have a valid PA drivers license and be able and willing to drive a cargo van
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly and work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Able to work with and serve people from diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with communities within the Food Bank’s service area preferred
- Able to obtain FBI and Act 33/34 clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.