The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank delivers meals to thousands of children in Allegheny County through the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and through programs such as BackPacks and School Pantries. By combining our community-based expertise with child nutrition program expertise, we listen to our community partner’s needs and respond by connecting organizations, sharing information and resources, problem solving food access challenges, and equipping our partners to have increased capacity for feeding children. The Child Nutrition Partnerships Coordinator works as part of a team to support community organizations that serve meals to kids to ensure that the organizations have what they need for successful meal service and to be in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. The Coordinator represents the Food Bank in the field, routinely visiting sites to monitor program operations, deliver supplies, collect paperwork, provide onsite problem solving and coach community partners. This person works as a member of a team to achieve Child Nutrition goals and to fulfill the mission of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, to feed people in need and mobilize our community to eliminate hunger.
This position is a temporary position that will last through June 2023.
- Coordinate new partner onboarding requirements including eligibility determination, program enrollment, pre-approval visits, agreements and training
- Conduct in person and virtual monitoring for at-risk afterschool and summer food program sites using the standards developed by the Food Bank and the PA Department of Education to evaluate site compliance
- Conduct in person and virtual monitoring for Food Bank sites that operate School Pantries, Classroom Cupboards, BackPack Programs, and On-site Meal Programs
- Communicate all policies, procedures and standards to program sites to ensure they adhere to Food Bank policies and maintain required documentation
- Provide on-site coaching and check-in calls and visits with food service sites where compliance issues have been identified to ensure compliance with all Food Bank, PA Department of Education, and USDA policies, procedures and standards for the CACFP and SFSP
- Track partner information and measures and maintain a record of partner communication and support provided
- Assist with training and support of volunteer monitors and temporary summer monitors
- Collect and file all regulatory paperwork required for compliance with USDA programs and preparation for routine administrative reviews by the PA Department of Education
- Collect and file all regulatory paperwork required by Feeding America
- Assist with collection and entering of information reported from food service sites required for reimbursement (attendance, meals served, numbers enrolled)
- Communicate regularly with food service sites regarding weekly orders, supplies, food quality concerns, delivery issues and other needs
- Order and organize supplies for program operations and outreach for community partners and Child Nutrition staff
- Support team projects to continuously improve operations and strengthen service provided to our partners
- This position will support the Food Bank’s Youth Café Programs approximately 75% of the time and the Child Nutrition Affiliate Programs approximately 25% of the time.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as determined by the Child Nutrition Programs Supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree
- A minimum of two years of experience working with social or human service organizations
- Ability, experience, and willingness to respectfully work with diverse populations, including the ability to engage with and build trust among people living in under-resourced communities.
- Possess an attitude of collaboration and teamwork for working with colleagues and a genuine joy for working with community organizations
- Utilize high quality customer service skills including listening objectively and exhibiting calmness and helpfulness
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems creatively, to think critically to support partner problem solving and to persist until an effective solution is identified
- Demonstrate strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, meet goals, and follow through on tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to publicly speak and develop presentations that deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and comfort with learning new technology on a regular basis
- Must possess a vehicle and valid Driver’s license. Work travel is reimbursed at the federal reimbursement rate.
- Willingness to travel and work evenings as required, including school-year site visits and coaching visits that generally occur between 3:00 pm and 6:30 pm two to six days per month
- Must be willing to limit PTO taken mid-May through June due to demands of annual SFSP start-up during this time
- Able to lift 25 pounds without assistance
- PA State Police Background clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Federal Criminal History Record Information (FBI Report)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.