The Institute for Research, Education and Training in Addictions (IRETA)
Helping people respond effectively to substance use and related
IRETA seeks a full-time Communication and Digital Media Coordinator to write and edit online content for social media, website, e-newsletters, and other communication materials. The Coordinator will also monitor and analyze metrics and help shape the direction of IRETA’s communication strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Work directly with the Director of Communication & Health Promotion to assist in the planning and execution of communication efforts
- Actively monitor, update, and track metrics on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Create and edit content for the IRETA website, e-newsletters, print publications, online educational content, and other written materials
- Navigation of content and learning management systems, including those used for online courses, webinars, and webpages.
- Fact-check and ensure the highest level of accuracy in all IRETA’s online communications
- A little bit of this, a little bit of that—we are a small organization so we all chip in on projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, an excellent command of grammar and an ability to proofread and edit materials for accuracy. Details matter!
- Knowledge of web design and experience creating website content
- Technology experience and savvy. Ability to learn and use tools as needed, e.g., video and photo editing software, organizational widgets, social media management platforms
- Curiosity. Experimentation. Lots of ideas for how to make the world a better place using the power of digital media.
- Interest in substance use and health
- A love of learning new ideas and writing about them
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public health, or other related field is required.
Company Description and Compensation
IRETA is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization that helps people respond effectively to substance use and related problems. IRETA is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply to our organization.
Starting annual salary is $32,000 with annual cost of living adjustments, merit increases and a benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, a defined contribution 403 (b) retirement account with an employer match, and tuition assistance in a relevant field.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: Jessica Williams, Director of Communication and Health Promotion via email at email@example.com
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit writing samples.
Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org