The Mattress Factory
Website The Mattress Factory
The Mattress Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum is committed to workplace diversity and to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FLSA status: Full-time, non-exempt
Hours: M – F, 8:30 AM – 5 PM; potential for hybrid remote work
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Supervises: No direct reports
Hourly rate: $16.50
The Advancement Associate works closely with the Chief Advancement Officer and members of the development, membership, marketing and communications and events teams to provide friendly, timely and accurate service to members, supporters and customers of the Mattress Factory.
This position serves as the member and donor processing specialist to ensure proper posting and acknowledgement of all memberships and donations and coordinates donor and member communications with the Development Manager.
This position also provides key clerical support for event rentals and works with the Events Manager to ensure smooth and open communication with individuals and businesses renting museum spaces.
The Advancement Associate supports the department’s internal systems, structures and processes that enable the Museum to meet budget and operational goals and maintain the highest standards of donor, member and customer satisfaction. The Advancement Associate is the administrative backbone of a small and energetic staff and a key contributor to our donor, member and guest service efforts.
The Mattress Factory, a contemporary art museum on the Northside of Pittsburgh founded in 1977. We feature site-specific installations created by artists in residence from around the world.
To Be Successful in This Position, You Must:
Be reliable, detail-oriented and process-focused. You will understand the importance of accuracy, timeliness, efficiency and confidentiality in growing and strengthening relationships with Museum audiences and supporters.
Membership and Development
- Manage all gift and membership processing, including the booking of pledges and processing of payments, acknowledgement of gifts and delivery of membership materials
- Support development and membership by ensuring data integrity and running fundraising and membership reports from the CRM system
- Manage event rental processing, including providing information to Finance department to process invoices for payment
- Work with Event Manager to ensure effective, timely communication from pre-booking through post-event with renters and prospective renters
- Enter and update prospect, donor, member and customer records in the CRM system
- Run daily data deduping and clean up processes in the CRM system
- Create clear and detailed documentation for collaborative developed CRM processes
- Provide weekly constituent lists to marketing team
- Deploy visitor surveys through the CRM system
You Also Will
- Support Event Manager in tabling and promoting Mattress Factory rentals at vendor fairs and events
- Assist with planning and provide clerical and day-of support for events hosted by the Museum including, but not limited to, events for Development, Membership, Education and Visitors Services teams
- Highly organized and detail oriented; accuracy is a MUST
- Proven skill in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience with CRM system or donor or member database, Blackbaud a plus
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- Ability to manage competing demands in a creative and evolving environment
- Ability to function effectively as team member and work independently
- Willingness to participate in activities and assignments to help meet shared goals
- Must be a people person – approachable, even-tempered and solutions oriented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to prioritize, and multi-task
- Punctual and reliable
- BA/BS preferred
- Ability to occasionally work evening/weekend hours for customer service, events and outreach activities
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Advancement Associate” in the subject line. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to provide references.
No calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com